paintball

  Join pbreview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

  
Home     |      Paintball Articles     |      Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
pbReview.com / Comments on Jmaster87's Review / Comments on Jmaster87's Review / Comments on Jmaster87's Review / Comments on Jmaster87's Review

Comments on Jmaster87's Review

Jump to the Comments  |  Post a Comment  |  Dispute this Review  |  Return to the Reviews

Jmaster87 Wednesday, June 9th, 2004
Period of
Product Use:
Less than a month29 of 35 people found this review helpful.

Paintball
Experience:
More than 5 years
Similar
Products Used:
Halo B- Faster w/ victory board but far far less reliable
Marker Setup: 04 AKALMP Viking
WAS Board/Eyes
SCM
JMJ Razor Blade Trigger
14 in Powerlyte Scepter 5 insert barrel kit
Crossfire 68/45 LP
BP No Rider
Reloader B
Strengths: Very Fast, 2nd fastest on the market
Reliable
Rip Drive
Sound Activated
Weaknesses: A little Slower then the halo b

Expensive
Review: This hopper is the halo B that is prefected. The halo b is a nice hopper which i used for almost a year but it had some flaws that kept on haunting me. It feed very fast, which is what i needed for my viking, however it had many problems with alot of the tourny paint i had to use at one point or another. The eye wouldnt read it thinking there was no paint and then it would try to feed more paint and jam. Also it would break alot of paint. All of these scenarios are not good for tournys. So i decided to give the reloader b a shot because it is sound activated.
The Reloader B is a little slower then the halo b but still gets 20+ bps. This is more then enough for effective laning for a back player or anything else that you could want to do in paintball. Also, it is far more reliable using any paint with ease and so far not breaking any paint either. This is very important. The sound activation allows it to not have to need a eye and it can use any paint. It seems to be a bit more gentle on the paint as well.

The reloader B also comes stock with a rip drive which is a very handy tool for the halo b. It allows you to pre tension balls to just go to the chrono without turning your hopper on and it can allow you to unjam a stack of balls, but i have yet to need this function.
It also allows you to get rid of the tension in the stack so balls dont shoot out when you take your hopper off for the day, you wont loose the paint.

Also you can use 4 or 6 batteries. The 4 battery pack will go a little slower but will be lighter. Personally i use the 6 to get maximum preformance.

You can also set the reloader to different speeds which is great so you dont waste battery power on bps that you dont need.

The only negatives about this hopper are the fact that it is a little slower then the halo b but i see no need for the additional bps. Also there is the money factor. The Reloader B is by far the most expensive hopper i have ever used. It cost me $145. Thats about 30 more then a halo b. But I find that the additional money is well spent in the reliability of my hopper in a tournament scenario.
Conclusion: Overall this is the perfect halo b. It combines the speed of the halo with a new found reliability i have yet to ever see in a halo. I reccomend this to any player who wants one of the fastest force feed hoppers on the market, but always want it to work too. This is the perfect combination of speed and reliabilty. The only downside is the cost. But if your game matters to you id spend the extra $35 and go with the hopper, it will be a great addition in the future for you
Rating:
10 out of 10Last edited on Wednesday, June 9th, 2004 at 6:22 pm PST
 

Review Comments
                            
Pages (2):  1  |  2
        Next Page
Hazard Man Friday, June 11th, 2004 | 1:42 pm PST
it is not slower, or even a little slower than the halo b at all, its faster,
   

victorblue Wednesday, June 16th, 2004 | 4:04 pm PST
Actually it is slower than teh halo. This is capped at 22 while the halo b can go in bursts of 50.
   

Hazard Man Thursday, June 17th, 2004 | 4:44 pm PST
oh, ok, I must have been mistaken when my friend programed his GXE to the cap of the halo, which is, well, 22, and fired full auto, oh wait, Im not mistaken, Unless your talking about the halo with victory board, the empire is faster, I have and use both, and bursts of 50, hmmm, Ill try that out on the gxe programed (raceframe) and then Ill tell u
   

SuperBeaner Monday, June 28th, 2004 | 2:28 pm PST
The "burst" of 50 is the spring force on the ballstack, which is the same in both. It doesn't feed that fast because it's "capped" or uncapped. It's the pressure of the spring making the balls fly out really fast.
   

eminem3159 Monday, August 2nd, 2004 | 8:44 am PST
IT IS FASTER THAN THE HALO B. AND SUPER BEANER IS CORRECT ABOUT THE BURSTS. ALL YOU NOOBS TRY OUT THE HALO B AND THE RELOADER B THEN YOU CAN TALK SMACK!
   

pullethmyfinger Saturday, October 2nd, 2004 | 4:25 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by eminem3159
IT IS FASTER THAN THE HALO B. AND SUPER BEANER IS CORRECT ABOUT THE BURSTS. ALL YOU NOOBS TRY OUT THE HALO B AND THE RELOADER B THEN YOU CAN TALK SMACK!
I like this guy
   

joe98200 Tuesday, November 16th, 2004 | 8:01 am PST
so do i, lol. dude, hello! it is faster than the halo b. gosh.
   

everynameisused Monday, November 22nd, 2004 | 6:49 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by pullethmyfinger

I like this guy


yep.......
   

Andis149 Tuesday, November 30th, 2004 | 6:51 pm PST
Are you stupid!!?? The Empire halo is a lot faster than the regular 1 and to clear things up, hoppers are not "capped" at any specific bps on their maximum feed rate and if you had an argument to go along w/ your whole "capped" theory than the only boards that could even possibly fall in that catagory woud be the empire r, V35, & angry boards which you can set to slower speeds. The only reason anybody shoots these halos is because they are faster in the sense that they begin to feed a ball when the bolt passes forward causing sound/vibration which makes the cone spin and put more resistance on the bolt so the ball goes into the breech faster when the bolt comes back. A regular halo lets the ball drop in after the bolt comes back and then the eyes read the gap in balls and starts the cone spinning, a somewhat slower process, thus making the empire halo faster.........
Last edited on Tuesday, November 30th, 2004 at 6:53 pm PST
   

angel 4 life Wednesday, December 15th, 2004 | 1:55 pm PST
man some of you guys need therapy ..... oh yeah, anyways a co-worker that plays said the empire shell is slightly thinner than a HALO shell.

does anyone know this is to be true b-cuz im too lazy to try and mix match shells???
   

nickiswack Wednesday, December 22nd, 2004 | 3:36 pm PST
These halos are faster because if you are shooting a stream of paint the sound causes the Halo reloader B to keep spinning

if it was a regular Halo it would feed then th eye would detect there is no ball then spin and repeat, this delay causes the Halo B to be slower buy a bit
   

Phathed Saturday, February 19th, 2005 | 2:29 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by pullethmyfinger

I like this guy


Me too!!
   

UAreNotMyFather Thursday, February 24th, 2005 | 9:53 am PST
quote:
Originally posted by Andis149
Are you stupid!!?? The Empire halo is a lot faster than the regular 1 and to clear things up, hoppers are not "capped" at any specific bps on their maximum feed rate and if you had an argument to go along w/ your whole "capped" theory than the only boards that could even possibly fall in that catagory woud be the empire r, V35, & angry boards which you can set to slower speeds. The only reason anybody shoots these halos is because they are faster in the sense that they begin to feed a ball when the bolt passes forward causing sound/vibration which makes the cone spin and put more resistance on the bolt so the ball goes into the breech faster when the bolt comes back. A regular halo lets the ball drop in after the bolt comes back and then the eyes read the gap in balls and starts the cone spinning, a somewhat slower process, thus making the empire halo faster.........

Would the Empire Reloader B fit into the category you describe, as in loaders that push paintballs into the breech instead of letting them drop in? My guess is yes because they are sound activated, but I just want to make sure before I drop $150...

Also another question, does the audio receiver on the Empire board listen for each individual burst of air released on every shot? I bought a 2k5 Shocker SFT (hasn't come yet) and the Nerve board can ramp at over 20 bps. If I'm ramping at 20+ bps, does the Empire detect each individual shot and feed a paintball every time? Thanks!
Last edited on Thursday, February 24th, 2005 at 9:55 am PST
   

shotupgood62 Friday, March 4th, 2005 | 6:01 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by Hazard Man
it is not slower, or even a little slower than the halo b at all, its faster,
   

speedballmike89 Sunday, April 17th, 2005 | 9:45 pm PST
your never gonna outshoot it so who the F*** cares if its slower or not
   

buckeyefan012 Wednesday, June 15th, 2005 | 9:34 am PST
quote:
Originally posted by speedballmike89
your never gonna outshoot it so who the F*** cares if its slower or not

I agree with this guy
   

call_me_jum Tuesday, July 12th, 2005 | 11:43 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by UAreNotMyFather


Would the Empire Reloader B fit into the category you describe, as in loaders that push paintballs into the breech instead of letting them drop in? My guess is yes because they are sound activated, but I just want to make sure before I drop $150...

Also another question, does the audio receiver on the Empire board listen for each individual burst of air released on every shot? I bought a 2k5 Shocker SFT (hasn't come yet) and the Nerve board can ramp at over 20 bps. If I'm ramping at 20+ bps, does the Empire detect each individual shot and feed a paintball every time? Thanks!

If you still care, the Reloader B will have no problem keeping up with you, regardless of how it feeds.
   

impyboy Monday, September 19th, 2005 | 10:32 am PST
i have found that the empire is very good on batteries, not quite as efficient as a stock HALO B. With my V35 i go through batteries like crazy, while i can get more life out of my empire, but may feeds a ball or two less.

-andrew
   

De4d On Targ3T Friday, October 21st, 2005 | 4:49 pm PST
this is not the faster loader neithr is the halo b. the fastest loader would be the q-loader.
   

krazy*kore Sunday, December 4th, 2005 | 2:37 pm PST
mine is slow and cant keep up wiht my 05 speed any tips or ways to set it???
   
                            
Pages (2):  1  |  2
        Next Page

Post a Comment
Please log in to your account to post a comment.

Not a member yet? Sign up now for free!

Return to the Reviews

Help / FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertising Info  |  Link to Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Top

Paintball Review

Copyright © 2000-2014 Hillclimb Media