paintball

  Join pbreview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

  
Home     |      Paintball Articles     |      Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
pbReview.com / Comments on sonquizzon's Review / Comments on sonquizzon's Review / Comments on sonquizzon's Review / Comments on sonquizzon's Review / Comments on sonquizzon's Review / Comments on sonquizzon's Review / Comments on sonquizzon's Review

Comments on sonquizzon's Review

Jump to the Comments  |  Post a Comment  |  Dispute this Review  |  Return to the Reviews

sonquizzon Sunday, August 22nd, 2004
Period of
Product Use:
Less than a month1 of 3 people found this review helpful.

Paintball
Experience:
More than 5 years
Similar
Products Used:
Dragus TES standard bolt.
Marker Setup: Dragun TES - Green Fade
CP Lightning Drop Frwd
CP Small Regulator
CP On/Off ASA
APM Dragun TES Bolt
Powerlyte Speedline 12" Barrel
Crossfire 68 CI STEEL HPS
Halo TSA
Strengths: Self Lubricating
Light weight
Cheaper than others
Weaknesses: None yet
Review: Well let me just say I had a rough start right off the bat when I orderd this bolt. I waited the 5-10 business days like they said.. me being in Arizona and them being in Canada. I know what business days are because I work in the corporate world also but we still receive packages via Canadian Airmail on Saturdays here in the states, I'll get to that later. Anyway, I waited and waited.. and waited... 10 business days (12 including Saturdays), and nothing. So I wrote an email and here's what they said ( actual emails displayed- but names and email addresses left off). The 1st email starts off on the bottom between the lines:
------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------
They wrote:
No problem. Some guys pay $26 + bolt price to get it shipped overnight Fedex.

I wrote:
great thanks! I'm just eager to get the bolt, didn't mean to come off angry or anything like that.

>
>
> They wrote:
> Your bolt was shipped July 20 and takes anywhere from5-10 business days to get to you.
> APM Products
>
> I wrote:
> Do you know if it has been sent yet? I haven't received it and was just curious how many more days I should wait in suspense- haha.
>
> Thanks
> ****

------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

Ok so I decided to wait 5 more business days ( excluding Saturdays) being the nice guy I am.. and still nothing! So I wrote another friendly email and here it is:

------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

Hey ****,

I'm beginning to think it's been lost. I waited an addition 5 business days and still nothing, 15 total. Can you track it or maybe send another one fed-ex? If I get both I'll pay you for the 2nd bolt.My wife is on maternity home all day and gets the mail and packages every day so we know it hasn't been snagged from our house.

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

No response to my email. Humm... So I'm thinking they are probably delaying responding, just to hope I receive it in the meantime. Ok, so being the nice guy again I wait 4 more business days (22 days with Saturdays).... no bolt! Grrrrr!!! Here's my next email:

------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

**** or someone who can help me,

I would greatly appreciate a response to my previous request. It's been a total of 19 business days since my order and I still have not received the bolt I ordered. You said it would take 5-10 business days, it's almost twice that amount. I have not written a review at www.pbreview.com because I'm hoping I get a response soon from your business. If I do not receive a response by Monday the 16th I will file a dispute with my bank.

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------

And would you belive it... a response! I couldn't have been right could I? Read the rest of the emails below- start at the bottom and work your way up between the lines:

------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------

They wrote:
A new bolt will be shipped out to you on Monday, sorry for the inconvienience.


I wrote:
Please let me know how it's being shipped and when I should expect this replacement. If the other one does eventually show up I will gladly return it.
****

They wrote:
Sorry it took a while to get back to you. We have hundreds of emails every day, its mind boggling. If you have not received your bolt by now, it may be lost in the mail. Give us your shipping info and required bolt and we shall get a new one out to you. If the other one turns up, please send it back.

**** ****
President
APM Products

------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------

Riiiight.. ok all is resolved. I finally received my bolt ( the replacement) on... drum roll please.... August 21st! FREAKIN SATURDAY! :0
29 days later.. and yes I included Saturdays because magically we do accept mail on Saturdays. End of story.

The bolt works, mail sucks, whoop-de-doo. Hope it doesn't happen to you.
Conclusion: I will recommend the product but not the shipping. I would suggest getting the fed-ex so they can track it and so that they will believe you when you say it didn't get to your house. I will still give a good rating but not a 10 cause ... well you know why.
Rating:
8 out of 10Last edited on Sunday, August 22nd, 2004 at 11:47 pm PST
 

Review Comments
addictiontolax Monday, August 23rd, 2004 | 9:52 am PST
It sucks you had to wait that long, but I still have to be a bit nagging and ask how is the bolt working for you, great? how much better than stock? just wondering since the point of this site is to review the performance of these parts.
   

sonquizzon Monday, August 23rd, 2004 | 2:37 pm PST
I like it, and it lowered my pressure down a little, and I don't want the stock bolt grinding down my gun anymore than it already did. I would recommend it, I did give it an 8 because I like the bolt but I had to say something about the delivery because it's still part of the deal. If the delivery was right on then it would be a 10.

I see you have a TES also, if you go on paintballnation.com and go under the Dragun forum, the guys all recommend this bolt. Hope that helps.
Last edited on Monday, August 23rd, 2004 at 8:41 pm PST
   

Post a Comment
Please log in to your account to post a comment.

Not a member yet? Sign up now for free!

Return to the Reviews

Help / FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertising Info  |  Link to Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Top

Paintball Review

Copyright © 2000-2014 Hillclimb Media