It has zippers.
Goggle section seems solid.
Terrible waste of a massive amount of space.
Doesn't fit together well.
I got this bag to take my Lands End duffel and Pelican and combine them into a carry-everything bag. I plan on keeping the Pelican for flying, but I want something which will securely hold all my stuff (3 guns, 2 loaders, many pods, 2 packs, 10+ barrels, cleats, clothes, knee and elbow pads, gogs, tool kit, etc) I want my stuff to be held snugly so it doesn't bang around inside the bag, like it does in my duffel, and sufficiently armored against the outside world (eg like my Pelican, only that's *really* armored).
I had hopes for this bag, I am a big PE fan and I run a Karni as my primary. I was super excited when it showed up...
However this thing is heading back on UPS as fast as I can get rid of it. As far as I'm concerned it’s only about $5 better than the Lands-End duffel I have right now, and for keeping my barrels, bottle, gun, loader and chrony safe my Pelican 1550 is infinitely better - there's really no comparison.
For it’s massive space, there are really only 2 sections – the goggle section (which is okay) and the gun section (which is about as useful as a normal a duffel). There's nothing to hold bottles or anything else in place. So my bottles would be rattling around with my loader, my tool box, cleats, clothes, cleaning stuff – really everything but my gun, which would be rattling around by itself in a compartment which is about 10 times bigger than it needs to be and is, to be very technical about it, dorky.
- The “gun compartment” doesn’t really fit into the bag because it’s too big, so when you finally get it in there it’s all squashed up – it’s really dorky. It has to be seen to be believed. The pics on the webpage aren't at all the way mine looked.
- There are no pod, bottle or loader compartments at all.
- There’s no good tool space.
- No built-in work space.
- The gun sections are too big for a gun w/out a bottle and a barrel, and too small for complete rigs with loaders and low-slung drops (not that we're using those anymore, being pro-like in our adoration of long guns, but if we were using old-school drops, they wouldn't fit).
- The main splits into 2 or three sections, each of which is exactly the wrong size - too damn big to hold anything tightly. If I want to carry more than one gun (I have three) they’d just rattle around in one compartment, or they'd have to take up the entire bag, which seems nuts.
- The pockets are just plain silly - it's like someone just tacked them on in whatever 3D design program they used to make it and then never actually put anything inside them after it was built. "This looks like a bloody good place to stick a spare-change pocket, what? Why I'll bet I could fit TWO brass farthings in that pocket!"
Don't buy it until they re-tool it. If you win it in a tourney you can use it for carrying your non-paintball gear, which it should do quite well.