My old R6 Mech and my friends crap BE Eradicator/ Nice Tippman Prolite
Stock STS 2k3 w/ homemade drop that brings the tank down 3" and foreward 5"
Also some homemade mods that include drilling out the Venturi and drilling the asa for more air flow
Definately a regulator if you're using Co2 or HPA, the gas thru is not good enough
New Barrel (as always with stock guns)
Drop Foreward (contact me and i can make you one for 5$)
New trigger if u can find one
HPA or at least Anti Siphon Co2
New electro hopper- Revolution w/ Xboard keeps up very well but if i have access to one, the Evolution 2 is a superior choice
*This gun rips fast as lightning. It has 3-6-9 round burst, full auto, and semi that is capped at 13BPS.
*Only time i chopped a ball was when i forgot to turn on my hopper (not used to having a electric hopper) The other time i almost chopped a ball but instead it only pinched the ball, forcing me to recock.
*Milling is beautiful. I love the shape of this gun. It is also very comfortable to hold and shoot, especially if you get a good drop for it.
*Threaded feedneck. This allows you to use Impulse threaded feednecks, very good move on PMI's Part
* Rear cokcing is great, no worries about getting slapped in the face by a cocking arm.
*Thumb adjusted velocity is really useful when tuning your gun, only need an allen wrench to lock it in place.
* Comes with a volumizer (or Low Pressure Chamber) Not a cheap knockoff liek in other PMI guns (like the R6 that is only a cap, no real LPC)
* Accurate even with stock barrel, although an aftermarket barrel wil lbe even better.
* Semi Auto Tourney lock is located on top of the grip frame after you take it off from the body. When engaged, the gun may only operate in semi auto mode. Thus eliminating accidental slips that can get you in trouble in a tourney
* Trigger pull is very light, although a little long as ill eplain later. The trigger is also very comfortable to walk/rake
* Runs off normal 9 volts but it includes a rechargable battery and a charger (for your car and household outlets) I use Duracell 9 volts as a backup in the field.
*Operates great on Co2 if it is anti siphoned. If using co2 withought anti siphon, it can suck liquid and ruin orings and casue spikes in velocity
*also has low pressure capability. Buy yourself a good regulator, high flow valve/valve pin, Dark Horizons titanium hammer, and do some low cost mods to improve air flow, and you will have achieved low pressure and better efficiency in no time.
* Venturi is utterly useless unless you like wasting gas. Also the venturi is not removeable like in spyder stock bolts. This is eaily fixed with a vice, drill and proper size drill bit. 5 minutes of work gives you way more air efficiency and will cost you nothing.
*sometimes uncocks itself when using Co2 at a high rate of fire for a prolonged period of time. Not really the guns fault, but can be annoying although it rarely happens.
Overall this gun is a great gun for the intermeiate player. This gun will keep up with todays modern speedballers very nicely. Its low price and preformance is by far worth the investment. I give this gun a 10 for its beautiful looks, smooth operation and price, and not to mention PMI's precision products and awesome technical service.
If you are looking for a GREAT marker at a very fair price, but dont want to sacrifice preformance, buy this gun today!