Various rifle squeegees
'Over-sized' squeegees for shotguns
Pieces of cloth or tissue with pen or pencil
Armotech Zeus G2 (with Quick Cap)
That's it, that's my main marker, pistolier all the way!
- Good value for money spent
- Easy to use
- Easy to maintain
- No way to fasten it
- Holds on to dirt and gravel
- Fibres will flak off
The Good Stuff about this Barrel Swab Kit
- Excellent value for money spent. This can be subjective depending on how lose you are with your money. To be more specific then, if you compare the price of this swab kit versus other squeegees then,... for the price, this is a sweet purchase.
- Unlike a stick squeegee or pull through (if you need to do it in a quickly in the middle of a game), this thing requires absolutely no special skill and no special knowledge to use: Just stick the swab in, and pull it out. It's that simple.
The Bad Stuff about this Barrel Swab Kit
- Straight away, this is not nearly as good as pull throughs and such. You are still going to have to pull this swab through your barrel at least thrice to get a good clean going. Relatively speaking, a good well maintained pull through that is used probably should be able to get a barrel clean enough to shoot straight after only one pull.
- It is totally impratical for use in tournament play. There's nothing to fasten the swab on to your marker (depending on the size and shape of your marker setup), or on your person (fine you can bend it in half, but you *will* end up losing it in the middle of a game that way)
- If you do drop this thing on the floor (ie. during tournament play), good luck cleaning the swab itself. Dirt and gravel and such will stick to the fibres tenaciously. Nothing short of running this thing under warm water will clean everything out, but then the swab itself would be soaking wet, so it'll still be useless.
- The fibres will flak off when you start using the swab brand new. This is very minor flaw as after a few uses you don't get more flakings.
If you want a good quality swab kit for casual play, and for *after* tournamet play; this is the best purchase ever!
If you are playing in a tournament, and you want sometime fast. A good pull through or stick squeegee will give you better playability and better over-performance.
to help ya out. Most Paintball pants have pockets, so u can put the squeegies in them, also with harness's, people tend to put the foldable inbetween them and their belt so it stays there and they just pull it out if needed.
Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking more that there's no way to *secure* however. In the middle of a franktic tournament game; if you drop that swab, you are screwed for the rest of the game and quite possibly for the rest of the tournament.
Maybe you could put a small nail through the centre and fasten that somehow on to a lanyard?
You can fasten a stick squeegee or pull through to yourself so you would lose it in the middle of a game; and if you drop it or drag it on the ground as you're crawling, cleaning dirt and gravel off of a stick squeegee or pull through is so much easier than if you dropped a swab on the ground.