paintball

  Join pbreview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

  
Home     |      Paintball Articles     |      Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
pbReview.com / Comments on snipe u now!!!'s Review / Comments on snipe u now!!!'s Review / Comments on snipe u now!!!'s Review / Comments on snipe u now!!!'s Review

Comments on snipe u now!!!'s Review

Jump to the Comments  |  Post a Comment  |  Dispute this Review  |  Return to the Reviews

snipe u now!!! Saturday, February 26th, 2005
Period of
Product Use:
Less than a month3 of 4 people found this review helpful.

Paintball
Experience:
6 months
Similar
Products Used:
regular 200 round hopper
Marker Setup: Tippmann A5 with RT and the 14" progressive.
Also, a Tippmann model 98 (no custom) with a flatline.
I use a 4+1, remote, and a 20 and 9 oz. co2 for both guns.
Strengths: Low profile, hold 50 rounds, good sniper hopper.
Weaknesses: Cheap lid that broke off. the white color sticks out. ( spray paint fixed that problem)
Review: Your probably wondering why I would want to use this small 50 round hopper. I use my model 98 for sharpshooting. If you snipe a lot , this is the perfedt hopper for you.

When you snipe you don't need to worry about how fast the hopper is feeding, or how fast you BPS is. You also don't need a big ol' fat hopper sticking out and becoming a target and giving away your position.

You can melt right in to the ground with this hopper. I love my midget hopper. You might want to spray the hopper green though.
Conclusion: If you snipe, or play stock class this is the hopper for you. and a very good price only about $5 or cheaper.
Rating:
9 out of 10
 

Review Comments
rrdude Friday, June 24th, 2005 | 6:56 pm PST
hey,

i was just wondering if you really think that your gun has anybetter range then anybody elses. cause in reality there are no "snipers" in paintball...everybody could be if they wanted...the fact is most people are not privvy to hiding skills and most are spoted before they have time to shoot.
   

paintballer667 Friday, December 9th, 2005 | 5:08 pm PST
noob
   

Promister 666 Sunday, February 12th, 2006 | 5:43 pm PST
and if ur in STOCK class u use ten round tubes
   

Slinky17 Friday, March 17th, 2006 | 4:09 am PST
Why do you have two guns and a bunch of accessories if you only have 6 months of experience? I've been playing for 3 years and still only have one gun.
   

Slinky17 Friday, March 17th, 2006 | 4:12 am PST
quote:
Originally posted by rrdude
hey,

i was just wondering if you really think that your gun has anybetter range then anybody elses. cause in reality there are no "snipers" in paintball...everybody could be if they wanted...the fact is most people are not privvy to hiding skills and most are spoted before they have time to shoot.


Range has nothing to do with sniping in paintball. A good sniper hides right up next to the enemy and then when someone walks by he nails 'em. And if you get spotted before you can do anything then you either really suck or aren't wearing any camo.
   

chemical allan Thursday, May 11th, 2006 | 5:58 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by Slinky17


Range has nothing to do with sniping in paintball. A good sniper hides right up next to the enemy and then when someone walks by he nails 'em. And if you get spotted before you can do anything then you either really suck or aren't wearing any camo.



no thats what's called an ambush. only noobs who watch too many action movies call it "sniping"
   

cjgura Sunday, October 22nd, 2006 | 6:40 pm PST
a few weeks ao i saw a true sniper at paintballing he had what looked like a phantom and hunters camo. He ws litterly 10 feeetr away from us and i couldnt see him until he shot. It was so funny because one of our players almost stepped on him walking out. But after 5 or 6 kills he was spotted while firing and shot to heck by the other team.
   

sledgehammer Saturday, December 16th, 2006 | 11:26 am PST
hey !! i belive you because stranger things have happend in the world of paintball!!!
   

af895 Wednesday, December 27th, 2006 | 8:27 pm PST
I consider myself a sharpshooter in the paintball sense too. I skulk around, remain quiet and don't shoot unless I have a sure thing.

Today, I played a full day with the BE Pocket Hopper on a PPS Blazer. I tagged 29 people, most not knowing where I was. This hopper is perfect for a sharpshooter/sniper.

Heck with all the anti-sniper comments - call us sharpshooters or designated marksmen. We skulk around in shadows and take people out with one shot. How much spraying and praying does it take to get us out?
Last edited on Monday, January 1st, 2007 at 8:10 am PST
   

cantorferrorum Sunday, December 31st, 2006 | 3:59 pm PST
OK, but how much are sniper/marksmen/ambushers/whatever really in the game if they are waiting for the enemy to approach them? Sure it is fun to catch them by suprise when they pass by you, but if this is all you are doing, you are not helping your team very much. while you waited at the 1/4 field mark (because that is as far as you can advance on most fields until you get close enough that everyone who pays attention knows where you are) to get your ambush, either 1. your team advanced far beyond you and have swept the field while you are still waiting and you have done no good for the team, or 2. the rest of your team has got shot up at the halfway mark and now you are the only one left. You may get a couple cheap kills when you pop up if the other team is not attentive but the ambush will not be decisive. This being said, there is a time for ambush or "sniping" but if that is all you are doing you are not helping your team. And one shot, one kill is not a very belivable mantra. It is like a hole in one in golf, sure you try to act like it is skill when you do it but... But taking into consideration wind, ball bounces, two or three shots, one kill would be more realistic.
   

Notafinga! Thursday, January 4th, 2007 | 9:09 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by af895
I consider myself a sharpshooter in the paintball sense too. I skulk around, remain quiet and don't shoot unless I have a sure thing.

Today, I played a full day with the BE Pocket Hopper on a PPS Blazer. I tagged 29 people, most not knowing where I was. This hopper is perfect for a sharpshooter/sniper.

Heck with all the anti-sniper comments - call us sharpshooters or designated marksmen. We skulk around in shadows and take people out with one shot. How much spraying and praying does it take to get us out?

I'm with ya brother! I've been following your post on mcarterbrown. So you like the Blazer huh? I was all for getting one until I saw the CCM series 6 Pump. Its exactly what I want and in a pinch I have the auto trigger to lay some suppression if needed. I'm going back to my roots.
Back on topic: I personally dont like the word sniper, because like most people know all markers are bottlenecked by the physics of the paintball. With the exception of the Flatline, all markers reach a max range of about 150 feet, and thats pushing it. I don't know what to call it, but to me, I just call it skill shooting. It takes alot of patience to hold your shots when some kiddie with a speed gun is throwing a case of paint at you., but it feels SOOO good to take them out with a single or even a few well placed shots.

I think the more pumps make it back into the game, the more these kids will take notice and put down there "AGG PIMP robot guns" and play the game for the sport of it and not just throw paint to throw paint.
   

Notafinga! Thursday, January 4th, 2007 | 9:19 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by cantorferrorum
OK, but how much are sniper/marksmen/ambushers/whatever really in the game if they are waiting for the enemy to approach them? Sure it is fun to catch them by suprise when they pass by you, but if this is all you are doing, you are not helping your team very much. while you waited at the 1/4 field mark (because that is as far as you can advance on most fields until you get close enough that everyone who pays attention knows where you are) to get your ambush, either 1. your team advanced far beyond you and have swept the field while you are still waiting and you have done no good for the team, or 2. the rest of your team has got shot up at the halfway mark and now you are the only one left. You may get a couple cheap kills when you pop up if the other team is not attentive but the ambush will not be decisive. This being said, there is a time for ambush or "sniping" but if that is all you are doing you are not helping your team. And one shot, one kill is not a very belivable mantra. It is like a hole in one in golf, sure you try to act like it is skill when you do it but... But taking into consideration wind, ball bounces, two or three shots, one kill would be more realistic.

I agree about the just sitting around waiting bit, but there are many instances where holding out behind a bunker or some cover, and waiting for your shots is beneficial. Its all up to player awareness and how they predict what the opposing team is going to do. After some time its pretty easy to tell what the other side is going to do. Not giving away your positon is key as well, I don't know how many times I had someone from the opposing team try to slide into my bunker, not know I was there, only to be meet with complete shock that I took them out with a single shot or a barrel tag If I was feeling nice. Its all Player preference. If you like to take your time, take it, theres no rush.
   

reaper1700 Monday, August 24th, 2009 | 4:30 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by Slinky17


Range has nothing to do with sniping in paintball. A good sniper hides right up next to the enemy and then when someone walks by he nails 'em. And if you get spotted before you can do anything then you either really suck or aren't wearing any camo.


there arent snipers iv been playing for years now what you call a "sniper" is just a really good shot
   

Post a Comment
Please log in to your account to post a comment.

Not a member yet? Sign up now for free!

Return to the Reviews

Help / FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertising Info  |  Link to Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Top

Paintball Review

Copyright © 2000-2014 Hillclimb Media