The accuracy of this review is disputed. Please see discussion below.
Period of Product Use:
4 of 23 people found this review helpful.
More than 5 years
Similar Products Used:
I have owned and used, Dark, Alias, Empire, Abomb, Russian Legion, GZ, Dragon, 2k2, Lasoya, Nerve, 03 Shocker, 02 Eclipse Shocker, Various Eblades, DM4 and DM5, ECLIPSE EGO
Pure Energy 45/45
I'm a gun lover at any point in time I have up to 10 guns all high end. So I have shot and tested pretty much every high end electro on the market! For now I'm sticking with my Ego.
I have owned and used, Dark, Alias, Empire, Abomb, Russian Legion, GZ, Dragon, 2k2, Lasoya, Nerve, 03 Shocker, 02 Eclipse Shocker, Various Eblades, DM4 and DM5, Angel 4 Fly, 05 Angel Speed, ECLIPSE EGO
I'll start by saying that PRICE IS NOT A WEAKNESS!!! NO GUN IS PERFECT AND NO GUN DESERVES A 10, unless you dont have to maintain it, never had anything go wrong and it shoots 200bps and has a heat sinking device attached.
That said I shot the A-bomb for 3 weekends in a row. This bad boy is pretty light and fast. It gets a bunch of looks because of the hype but other than that I dont see much else to rant and rave about. Lets face it every highend electro marker can shoot over 21 bps but not without bounce or ramping!!! The 2k2 style timmys were very accurate, fast and well received but intimidator is living off of it's name with the alias style markers.
1. The Abomb comes bone stock except for milling, SO perfromance does not change from any other Alias style excluding "Dark".
2. The new Abomb markers have a tremendous amount of kick for an LP marker this isnt bad but it effects your accuracy at high rates of fire. Even at low rates of fire the ablombs are having troubles. I know countless people even myself that have given up abombs and alias style timmys to go to a more accurrate gun. It's a sad fact that Timmy no longer means accuracy.
3. Anodizing quality is about 2 on a scale of 1-100. After owning the gun for more than 6 months of good use you will see the anno start to wear off. This is not a problem of the gun but the manufacturer.
4. Abomb has some of the coolest milling around which makes the gun very light, it's very easy to tuck into a bunker with an A-bomb it would make a great front gun! BUT
5. The abomb feels like a big peice of flimsy junk when you hold on to it. The gun is not solid and I promise will have troubles with body wear and tear in about a year. you would have to hold the gun to know what I'm talking about but it's not a great feeling to hold a gun that cost a 1500 hundred dollars and it feels like used pirranna.
6. I like that it's pretty descent on air efficiency and it is fast as all get out but for the money you pay you can find a much better gun and it will probably save you money!
In conclusion the ABOMB is a bunch of hype much as the DM4 was when it came out. The "aftermarket gun" is plain stock and has no different parts than those on the alias. So how can it be better? This markers accuracy at over 30 feet is ridiculous. You better be trying to shoot a cow and he better not be behind a bunker or your in serious trouble. Dont drop this gun either you might break it because it's SO flimsy. So KIDS take it from me if your gonna spend a good amount of cash on a marker WAIT and shoot the new Angels, Egos and shockers first. These guns are just as light much faster and dont feel like a walmart toy gun. BUT IF YOU MUST HAVE A TIMMY buy a Warped Sportz Dark Intimidator, it's the only one that doesnt come stock and it has a lifetime warranty.
Not a good review, dark timmies do not have a lifetime warranty. Anno is good on timmies, milling is a tad sloppy. Gun does have a cheap feel, but is quit reliable. For owning 10 high end guns, this reviewer seems quit biased and off. Jamie
Dark Timmies do have a lifetime warranty as do all dark markers, this is a manufacturers defect warranty not a wear and tear or misuse warranty. Anno isnt good on most guns out of the box. I say most because some do have great anno jobs. Milling can get sloppy again this depends on the version you buy. I dont know where you get that I'm bias, if anything I'm stating a preference. If you like timmies then so be it but no gun deserves a 10 no matter how amazing you think it might be. Thanks for the comment and one last thing the word you are trying to use is quite not quit.
Sorry bud, but the dark timmy does not have a lifetime warranty on the gun, maybe the dark parts, but that's it. I am not a timmy lover, although I just sold an abomb timmy, and liked a lot about it. If you don't believe me, phone warped sports, they will tell you the gun has not got a lifetime warranty. Oh and sorry, I missed an e on quite, never said I was perfect. Jamie
Last edited on Thursday, March 17th, 2005 at 10:23 am PST
i own an Abomb and i think it is pretty sturdy though you must have gotten a bad apple.
and as for accuracy my abomb shoots great i have an evil kit (the stock barrel sucks) and what kind of tank do you have? my abomb has no kick and i have not changed alot of the settings. and my abomb has gotten tossed about and i still se no ano scratches or dents or what not it has the best anodizing i and a couple of other experienced players some "Very" experienced
quote:Originally posted by jkmac16 well, even though i dont own one i've played with one numerous times and i would have to say that gun is one of the best period. i love this marker.
you cant say its one of the best in its period man, im buying one off my friend for 600 bucks with a stiffy barrel and halo B..if you dont own it as your own, dont even comment, because you may never end up having to deal with the hardships of a gun. thats just stupidity