.691 Bore Barrel
Sometimes velocity goes up...
I've very impressed about this gun.
- It is very consistant the velocity varies only +- 5FPS, but sometimes during the day it will steadily climb up for some reason
- The stock barrel is amazingly accurate. The 11" barrels are dead on accurate even at 300FPS. The 8" barrels are accurate, but around 300FPS some shots may not be off a little (I usually aim for 285FPS)
- The stock barrel is also pretty quiet for you :woodsballers"
- I averaged around 27 shots per 12g with my phantom. If you do some custom work you may be able to get even more shots, I've heard of some phantoms getting 40+ shots per 12g.
- Unlike the Dye Carter Buzzard the Phantom is lighter. This allows more mobility and steadier aim. Also your not tired of of holding your gun at the end of day.
Overall a great gun, only flaw is that the barrel has a .691 bore, I would prefer a .689 bore barrel but that just helps a little bit more. I've also heard of the telfon washer or something inside the bolt getting messed up which will cause the Phantom's FPS to rise up as the day progresses.
If your looking for a pump, you should consider the Phantom. It is very accurate even stock. You don't have to get the upgrades I mentioned, they only a bit. Overall a great gun.