paintball

  Join pbreview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

  
Home     |      Paintball Articles     |      Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
pbReview.com / Comments on omeganfire's Review / Comments on omeganfire's Review / Comments on omeganfire's Review / Comments on omeganfire's Review / Comments on omeganfire's Review

Comments on omeganfire's Review

Jump to the Comments  |  Post a Comment  |  Dispute this Review  |  Return to the Reviews

omeganfire Friday, November 4th, 2005
Period of
Product Use:
Less than a month72 of 77 people found this review helpful.

Paintball
Experience:
3 years
Similar
Products Used:
Tippmann A-5 with G36 Modification
Ariakon Sim4 with Sniper Barrel
Marker Setup: Longbow Complete
16' Stiffi Barrel
QLoader Hopper
Special Forces M16 Sniper Scope package with RIS ring mount
Red Dot Scope
Laser Module
INOVA XO3 LED Spotlight (for night games, fits perfectly in a scope mount)
Yukon Seawolf 3x Gen 1 Nightvision Scope w/ Weapon mount (night games)
Recommended
Upgrades:
See Marker Setup
Strengths: Very Reliable, Very Accurate, Very Consistant, Not too heavy, Low profile
Weaknesses: Took a while to hone X-Valve's Lvl 10 Anti-Chop system, Price
Review: Fell in love with this gun when I saw it the first time on the website this spring. Couldn't afford it until recently. Was very excited and lucked out too. I got the last one in stock (at the time). Came in already assembled, along with the magazine and a two piece, high quality barrel. The Lvl 10 kit is included w/ all its parts, including three springs (one already installed in the gun) to allow more customized use. Instructions kinda suck cause it doesn't give you a schematic of the whole gun.

First time I took it out, it started leaking (b/c I didn't check the instructions about the Lvl 10 system. Yet, it worked perfectly fine even with the leak! Had to find the right chasis to use to stop the leaking.

Very accurate in long distances and pretty quiet as well (when it stopped leaking). Took it apart (which can get annoying b/c of the stock/scope mount), and fixed the Lvl 10. Now that I got that leak fixed and a new side arm for back-up, I play the lone wolf now against my friends, and they HATE me for it! HA ha ha ha ha! (Mine is an evil laugh)
Conclusion: I give it a ten becuase it was everything I expected and worth every penny. Can't wait to get the QLoader to complete it. I would suggest getting the QBow kit if you can. A red-dot scope is recommended, I use one mounted on the side of my special forces 4x scope so I can aim at both long and medium distances. This marker is strictly for those with the one shot one win mindset.
Rating:
10 out of 10Last edited on Tuesday, January 10th, 2006 at 8:49 am PST
 

Review Comments
Darthevix Saturday, November 5th, 2005 | 6:51 pm PST
What do you mean by "hone X-Valve's Lvl 10 Anti-Chop system". I plan on buying one soon. Well, a Tac-One for X-mas, then getting the stock/shroud kit, the q-loader adapter, and the q-loader. Anyway, how hard is that to fix?
   

omeganfire Sunday, November 6th, 2005 | 8:19 am PST
What I meant by "hone" is that the lvl 10 anti-chop isn't a one size fits all tac-one's apparently. One tac-1 may use a different size chasis inside the bolt than another one. Choosing the right one will require a bit of trial and error to see if the bolt leaks due to the wrong size chasis, or if no air gets into the bolt b/c the choosen chasis is too tight for the air to flow. It isn't hard, just time consuming.
   

BOBO Saturday, November 19th, 2005 | 7:50 pm PST
Its very easy to get the LVL 10 dialed in , takes a few minutes. Should be a disk in the lvl 10 kit to watch. No biggie.
   

EmptiMind Wednesday, November 23rd, 2005 | 12:37 pm PST
I was wonder if you've ever shot a stock-class marker. One of the higher ends, like a Phantom. If you have I'd like to know how this compares to one. Stock-class markers are notorious for being accurate and consistent. My little $130 phantom I bought off a friend will shoot farther than any of my friends, besides the flatliners. And it's even more consistent than the autocockers I've seen. Downside is with the stock barrel it's loud as hell. Scares people, but that can be fixed with a ported barrel, I'm just wondering whether or not to get one or take a gamble with this.
   

bentothejam1n Sunday, January 1st, 2006 | 6:48 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by EmptiMind
I was wonder if you've ever shot a stock-class marker. One of the higher ends, like a Phantom. If you have I'd like to know how this compares to one. Stock-class markers are notorious for being accurate and consistent. My little $130 phantom I bought off a friend will shoot farther than any of my friends, besides the flatliners. .
I believe you are wrong.... At the same fps every gun will shoot around the distance, give or take a couple feet. And Mechs are just as accurate as any other gun. The only thing affecting accuracy is the paint bore to barrel match.......
Last edited on Sunday, January 1st, 2006 at 6:49 pm PST
   

snipe u now!!! Saturday, January 28th, 2006 | 7:59 pm PST
I own both a Tac One and aPhantom.
Why would you do that to a Tac One? Getting this kit doesn't take advantage of any of the features it has. Tac Ones were made to lay down some paint. That's why TacOnes are so expensive, because you get the advantages of a high end gun plus, you can slam it around, wad through the mud with it,get it wet in the rain,wait around in the cold, and will still function when the time comes around for you to shoot.
Yes, many other markers could stand that abuse and still shoot. Why get a tac one if what your going to do is sneak around in the bush and one ball a guy? If you play that way why pay $450 for a Tac plus like $300 more on upgrades? Waste of money. The features on the Tac One help you shoot faster, not more accurate. This gun doesn't shoot straighter than any other one, just because it has and 18 inch barrel. You don't need the features of this gun if you take your time and can hit a guy on the 1st of 2nd shot. Your paying for features that you don't need,want, or might even despise, because of some players misuse of them. so, why pay for them if your not going to even use them at all?
I'm just thinking, the people who buy the longbow to be a " sniper " don't need the ROF of the tac one, and the ROF & features that make that possible, are what makes the gun expensive. So why pay the money if your not going to use the features?
Just go out and buy a Phantom, because that marker is more suit for your style of play.And its way cheaper than a firggin' longbow.
   

Silentshot Saturday, February 25th, 2006 | 11:16 am PST
quote:
Originally posted by snipe u now!!!
I own both a Tac One and aPhantom.
Why would you do that to a Tac One? Getting this kit doesn't take advantage of any of the features it has. Tac Ones were made to lay down some paint. That's why TacOnes are so expensive, because you get the advantages of a high end gun plus, you can slam it around, wad through the mud with it,get it wet in the rain,wait around in the cold, and will still function when the time comes around for you to shoot.
Yes, many other markers could stand that abuse and still shoot. Why get a tac one if what your going to do is sneak around in the bush and one ball a guy? If you play that way why pay $450 for a Tac plus like $300 more on upgrades? Waste of money. The features on the Tac One help you shoot faster, not more accurate. This gun doesn't shoot straighter than any other one, just because it has and 18 inch barrel. You don't need the features of this gun if you take your time and can hit a guy on the 1st of 2nd shot. Your paying for features that you don't need,want, or might even despise, because of some players misuse of them. so, why pay for them if your not going to even use them at all?
I'm just thinking, the people who buy the longbow to be a " sniper " don't need the ROF of the tac one, and the ROF & features that make that possible, are what makes the gun expensive. So why pay the money if your not going to use the features?
Just go out and buy a Phantom, because that marker is more suit for your style of play.And its way cheaper than a firggin' longbow.


As much as I love Specops, I've always argued this point
   

alpha20 Thursday, March 30th, 2006 | 5:07 pm PST
Heh heh... paintball snipers... guarding a tower with a big 'ol flashlight on so someone can pinpoint your position and barrage you with a hail of paintballs.

Sorry, just my two cents.
   

mattmaster34 Friday, April 21st, 2006 | 8:08 pm PST
I agree with Silentshot, but disagree with alpha20. If you want to be a real sniper, the speed of the tac-1 isn;t going to help, and will only encourage you to shoot more paint. However, I think a pump like a Phantom is perfect for sniping as it forces you to make that first-round hit.
As for alpha20, the painbtall sniper is a lot different from a military one. Another paintball gun just doesn't shoot a lot father than another one, of course, this is omitting the Flatline, Apex etc., but the sniper has to use concealment and stealth to get the jump on his enemies, rather than just picking them off from 2 km. away, ala Barrett 82.
   

Fenix_Wylde Sunday, April 23rd, 2006 | 10:29 am PST
Given the high price tag, isn't a Sterling STP a better choice if you can find a decent barrel for it?
I'd love to play with one of these.. it's very nice looking (and it probably shoots alot faster than the Sterling)
   

wolfhawk Monday, July 10th, 2006 | 4:27 pm PST
I would say the same as snipe u now, I play with a CCM SS-25 pump, and it is much better suited to play as a sniper then the Tac One, However, some woodsball fields use intimidation as a big factor, and I would say the longbow has the intimidation factor down flat. Just remember all those snipers out there, this is paintball, and no matter how much you pay for the marker, you all have to use paintballs. Never round, and not solid centered = lousy accuracy and distance. A good paint to bore match will get you to a point of one balling from 30 yards out with decent paint, but don't think you can "Snipe" that guy 100 yards out every time, the paint just isn't consistent enough.
   

Ice Epic Monday, July 31st, 2006 | 5:10 am PST
A quick question for the owner, How much further does this gun shoot than a normal gun. I currently own a Tippmann A-5 with a flatline and have found it to be the farthest shooting gun. However some say that as a "sniper" (though I have never thought as sniper as a real position) the longbow shoots better. Would you say this is true?
   

jetpballer Friday, November 10th, 2006 | 12:50 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by alpha20
Heh heh... paintball snipers... guarding a tower with a big 'ol flashlight on so someone can pinpoint your position and barrage you with a hail of paintballs.

Sorry, just my two cents.


I would just like to question the intelligence of alpha20. Go to the SpecOps site, read their article on snipers, and then come back and tell me that crap.

Just MY two cents...
   

imslowashell Saturday, February 3rd, 2007 | 9:23 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by Ice Epic
A quick question for the owner, How much further does this gun shoot than a normal gun. I currently own a Tippmann A-5 with a flatline and have found it to be the farthest shooting gun. However some say that as a "sniper" (though I have never thought as sniper as a real position) the longbow shoots better. Would you say this is true?
ok all you woodsball guys that love the whole gettin dirty belly crawlin around wear camo putting useless scopes and red dot sights and crap on your MARKER need to look at the facts. its paintball. you shoot 300FPS tops which gives you a certain range to work with. yes some marker barrel combos will give you further range but i cant tell you how many times ive been shot by a flatline from forever away and had it not break. and given the right marker barrel combo you can greatly increase your consistancy. i happily own a cocker which may not be best suited for the woods but i manage. anyways snipers friend is stealth and accuracy. stealth means quiet accurate marker so you can shoot, move, and eliminate before they know your there. so id say if your goin to spend the money get a pump or a shoe box shocker or a cocker or a AKA or other low pressure gun and a good barrel. youll find that these guns will be quieter, more accurate and faster to boot than anything that tac one or your tippmans could dream of

so boo to the long bow the 20" barrel is rediculus and useless
   

paintballer9876 Monday, February 12th, 2007 | 6:44 pm PST
Ya i agree with imslowashell, i have a proto rail with a redz barrel kit, it may not have the low profile, the 18 inch barrel, but does it matter the further you shoot the longer it takes for the ball to get to the target (the person could move by then), and the longer the elements have to take effect on the ball (wind humidity, etc). So instead of wasting hundreds of dollars on upgrades to make your gun shoot further, why not practice stealth learn to crawl without making a sound, stuff like that. Come on guys don't wast the some $800 on this mechanical set up its not worth it, when you can get some thing like my proto for $400 and a nice barrel kit and shoot st rater. Oh and the thing that paint to barrel match is the only difference in accuracy, is way off that's why my friends ion with the same redz kit and its less accurate.
   

zhelldog Tuesday, April 3rd, 2007 | 5:10 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by mattmaster34
I agree with Silentshot, but disagree with alpha20. If you want to be a real sniper, the speed of the tac-1 isn;t going to help, and will only encourage you to shoot more paint. However, I think a pump like a Phantom is perfect for sniping as it forces you to make that first-round hit.
As for alpha20, the painbtall sniper is a lot different from a military one. Another paintball gun just doesn't shoot a lot father than another one, of course, this is omitting the Flatline, Apex etc., but the sniper has to use concealment and stealth to get the jump on his enemies, rather than just picking them off from 2 km. away, ala Barrett 82.


if you knew anything about sniping you'd know that flatline barrels aren't meant for it. you dont need that kind of range when you're playin in the woods(or anywhere else) anyway. snipers are meant for mid-range (bout 30yds) ambushes and 1 shot kills. not 1 mile long shots, ok? it doesnt matter what kind of gun you use for sniping any gun will do. a pump wont do any better as a sniper gun than an autococker will. so every1 stop sayin "pumps are better than semis cause they shoot further" but they dont, ok! accuracy all comes down to ergonomics, which is why they chose the TAC-one for the original longbow.
   

tippmannkiller Wednesday, May 9th, 2007 | 2:51 pm PST
Yeah well to snipe all u need is a semi good gun (<$ does not mean better sniper) but the longbow is a very consistant gun....it can place 2 balls within 5 inches at 33yards so it is pretty effective........but ive seen upgraded Tippmanns do the same (not with flatlines cuz they suck........whats the point of shooting something if the ball doesent break) so as long as u have the right upgrades and i would say around a 14-18'' barrel then ull do fine (the long the barrel the better the accuracy......untill you get to the 19'' range then the friction in the barrel is too much and u will lose range and ur balls will break in mid air sometimes.................but i like the longbow cuz it just fits the sniper sterotype out of the box.....
   

bigt4203 Monday, May 5th, 2008 | 10:39 am PST
Flatlines add range but at range, accuracy suffers greatly.

The point of the longbow was to be able to shoot accurately and quietly while still having the firepower to defend yourself from other players who find you close up. Hence why spec ops made the Q-bow.

The Tac-One is made by AGD, very reliable and durable and worth every penny you pay for it.

Muliple rails on the Long-Bow allow for more add-ons such as scopes, dot sights, flashlights, night vision, etc.

It all depends on your opinion. Some people feel like pumps are the best way to go for sniping, other say semi-autos. But the reality of today is everyone has a semi-auto and if your a sniper and get locked up somehow with a semi-auto at close range, which would you rather have, the Long-bow or some other pump gun. Your choice.
   

Villainous Jay Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008 | 6:07 am PST
quote:
Originally posted by jetpballer


I would just like to question the intelligence of alpha20. Go to the SpecOps site, read their article on snipers, and then come back and tell me that crap.

Just MY two cents...


Dude do you honestly go by the Special Ops Articles? There is not such thing as snipers in PB and quite frankly Special Ops is a ripoff anyways, not to mention full of it.
   

camo14 Wednesday, June 18th, 2008 | 10:29 am PST
Wat are the advantages of this gun.
   

Post a Comment
Please log in to your account to post a comment.

Not a member yet? Sign up now for free!

Return to the Reviews

Help / FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertising Info  |  Link to Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Top

Paintball Review

Copyright © 2000-2014 Hillclimb Media