You don't want to know how I got it, you want to know how good it is, so ill skip that part...
1) Padding- The padding is phenominal. I have a JT Proteus which is great. But this is even better. There is the ear padding which is nicely sized, and is very soft. Yet it doesnt block out sound. The eye section of the foam is great, it fits to your face perfectly. With all of this protection, the only way you know when you are shot in the mask, is when you see it on your lense, or hear a loud pop.
2) Venting- The venting is key. Sure, they sey it makes you easier to hear, but is it really true? YES! Who knows how, but the anglesof the venting makes it seem like you doin't even have a mask on, so its easy to hear anyone who has this mask on. Also along with venting comes heat. I only played one or two games with this mask, but there is the least possible amount of moisture i have ever seen in a mask. Usually, you can see and feel the moisture in the mask (Proteus is a big culprit). Don't get me wrong, the Proteus is a 10/10 as well, but it isn't quite as good as this (its cheaper).
3) Looks- Pretty straightfoward... The mask looks really nice. Serious consideration must have been put into the appeal of this mask, because it is very nice.
4) Bounces- Yes, I have only played so many games with this mask, but so far, it has been very successful. I probably got 4 or 5 bounces off of it in two days of play. The only mask-shot i that broke was on the lense.
5) Protection- For me, this mask protects my entire face, forehead and 3/4 of my neck. With the visor on, nearly my whole head is covered as well. The protection is how every mask should be. It's really one of a kind.
6) Even though it covers your whole face, it is "slim cut" so it just covers perfectly around your face and no extra.
7) Periphrial Vision- Simply put, you will forget it is on...
8) Fogging- Buy one and try to make it fog. It won't. I blew directly up on it, while playing in a game, nothing. It is unheard of.
9) Comfort- Every part of the mask that is touching your face is padding. Even the chin strap is pure padding. That is a first... The foam is soft, and forming, everything feels just right.
This is absolutely a perfect mask. If you really don't have the money, a proteus is also a great choice for around $60 new. However, I think it is worth it to save the extra $20 and get this. I am impressed. 10/10.
i dont know if this is only me, but how do you clean your i3? Whenever i get shot in the mask, i just wipe it off with some water and dry it and the paint goes away. however, after a couple of minutes, white crusty stuff will gather on the surface of the mask. does this happen to you? how am i supposed to clean my goggles?
yeah good review i think your view of lens change is good it wont kil you to put a tiny bit of work into changing the lens but still it would be amazing if DYE could find an easy way to change lense mb something like a key to like unlock it that would make this google like 50X better than nething else
There is no way it covers 3/4 of your neck lol my chin was hanging out of it with my mouth closed unless I pulled it down far in the front. I tried my friends mask on and while I like it I still prefer the FoV and foam in the profiler as well as the fact that it comes down further around the face covering it without letting any part hang out.
I will give this a 9/10 based on feel and all but I really prefer my profiler for a lot of reasons. Good mask... just not for me.
nice review i will be getting mine soon i wuld have prefered the event but not one dealer has them in red and i pre-ordered in december of 2005 yea sooo long time and i think my maask will come this week hopefully thank you on helping me cheer up i think this mask will be something to look forward to!! :)))) 10/10