Nelson Splat, Zap, and many white box - second - field painballs
SP Freak with stainless steel inserts.
Spyder Victor - Palmer regulator - Madman Rocket Valve - Bandit Bolt - ESP frame
Low pressure from 245 to 420 psi depending on springs used.
Bright fill and almost never break in the gun. Nothing else really ...
I live in Greece. It is very difficult to get any good paint around here. Tomahawk winter is often found in many fields. I have used them more than a yead now in various temperatures from 5 deg Celcious to 25 deg Celcious and i really don't understand why they are called winter ... They perform very bad on all these temperatures.
Bad things :
- smaller than usual .689 -> if you don't have a barrel system or a .686-.687 barrel, you will suffer. My Freak is a good match when using .687 insert.
- Hard shell -> PAINFULL in small distances. Many bounces in longer distances.
- Dark color shell -> problems with some eyes (older bounce beam eyes only)
- Almost none of the thousands i have shot was completely round. Most have dimples and somes' two halves are bonded out of round.
- Gap between the two halves. All of these paintballs have it. Most of them small, others big and some huge.
- Distance is average. Aprox. 3-4 meters less than tournament grade paint on the same gun (using the appropriate insert for each)
- Accuracy is problematic at best. On average distances (20 - 30 meters) a group of 10 shots will have 3 flyers, 3 on the human target and 4 around it. On larger distances up to 50 meters you just can't target. Furthermore even if you hit something at more than 30 meters you have more than 50% chance for a bounce.
- Some times when very out of round the tend to break in the barrel.
Overall bad paintball. Too bad i can't find anything else than these in most field of my country ... Some people have the luxury to travel often abroad and bring back their own paint. When playing agains such guys it is just frustrating. Even if you are a much better player the paint disadvantage is so big that you get painted or miss easy shots.
Use it only if you can't find something else... Haven't seen much benefit over other low quality paintballs. Most of them are out of round and/or dimpled. Average acuracy on medium distance, unacceptable on longer ranges. Hard shell difficult to break inside your gun OR on your opponent. I would give these paintballs a lower rating but since greek market is rather small and there is no local distributor they are imported and abused in transport / storage, so they must be a little better than 3. So be it 5