Weird threading, place of nob is not consistent with one another (read review)
I was looking around for on/off to go with both my dm4 and ion. First factor was the macroline setting. I didn't want anything that comes off towards the side because I wanted to reduce the width of my marker... yes.. i am anal like that, but macrolines coming off the sides bothers me. Therefore, I only had but a few choices.
I immediately picked up the smart parts on/off mainly because it looks good, macroline fitting is towards the front so all I needed was a straight elbow. It just requires me to turn a nob to gas up the gun, and degas the gun. Also, I got it along with the S-rail and makes it look sexy hot. Anyhow... those are the reasons why I purchased the item. Do know that I purchased 2 of these. Now for the product itself.
1. When I first took the on/off out of the box, one thing puzzle me. Both the on/off nobs aren't on the same side between the one on my ion and the other on my dm4. one is on the left, and one is on the right. I assume that because they have it that way, I can switch it myself w/o any problems. Even better for me.
2. The on/off came greased up already. Thanks SP for doing that part for me.
3. When I aired up both my markers, no problems at all, no leaks and turning the nob was a lot easier than when I was using my CP and check-it. Esp when you have a lot of air in the tank and your gloves are all greasy... turning the other nobs are a bit more difficult. I didn't have a problem at all with the smart parts on/off.
4. This item looks great. It is glossed back with no designer defaults at all. It fits 100% perfectly with the S-rail and like i've said before... gives it hell of a nice look to it. It also moves your tank forward about 1cm if that really matters.
5. I purchased this item brand new for $20.00
6. I would have to complain about this... on one of the on/off... when I was screwing on a tank, it gave it a sqeeky noise... Maybe because I've messed around with the tank threading of the on/off too many times. I am going to put some oil on it and hopefully that solves the problem.
I think this is a great item. The price is fair and the item looks great. it gave me the option I wanted, which was straight macroline feed, and it is very easy to use. I have no problem degassing my tanks at all.
I would recommend this item if you want something simple, cost effective, compact, and looks great. For the price, you really can't go wrong. I won't give this a 10/10 because it is not the best. however, I am very satisfied with this item over all the others I have used.