paintball

  Join pbreview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

  
Home     |      Paintball Articles     |      Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
pbReview.com / Comments on scwoody's Review / Comments on scwoody's Review / Comments on scwoody's Review / Comments on scwoody's Review

Comments on scwoody's Review

Jump to the Comments  |  Post a Comment  |  Dispute this Review  |  Return to the Reviews

scwoody Sunday, December 10th, 2006
Period of
Product Use:
Less than a month6 of 19 people found this review helpful.

Paintball
Experience:
More than 5 years
Similar
Products Used:
empire b, halo b, and volocity
Marker Setup: 07 nxt shocker, up'ed
Strengths: SPEED!
STRENGTH
easey cleaning
Weaknesses: Little heavy
Balls jaming
Review: well i was really excited when i got my pulse with RF. It took a little getting used to, the really low profile(pretty much sits on top of my shocker) being it was hard for me to see without really tillting my gun, but ive adjusted. i used the loader at xpsl vegas and ran into problems with balls getting stuck in the feeder to the feed neck. really sucked cause there was no fixing it without pulling the tray out.(weather was terrible, maybe had somthing to do with it.) but this past weekend, twice i had balls get pinched beetween the wheel and the edge where the balls feed into the gun. one ball broke and jamed up in the loader, the other was just pinched, but the loader would not feed, and no the reverse button didnt help. it is a great loader when it works, makes shootin ropes a breeze. also im not shooting cheap paint. Karnage in vegas, x-ball silver or blaze on the weekends.
Conclusion: So far i have had pretty bad experiance with this loader, and people keep telling me they have heard of or sceen people having problems. but i want to stress this is only my personal experance, and the games i have played with no problems its been awsome, soooo fast. if any one else has had these problems i would like to here from you. thanx
Rating:
6 out of 10
 

Review Comments
                            
Pages (2):  1  |  2
        Next Page
paintballer9876 Sunday, December 17th, 2006 | 8:49 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by connorhenkel
hey the hopper actually has a short feed neck so it dosent sit high and buddy there is a reverse botton on the hopper in case there is a jam.

If you read the full review it said that the reverse button didn't work, if your hopper is jammed and a paintball breaks in the feeder and peices get stuck in the feed neck reverse dont help much.
   

splatmaster man Monday, December 18th, 2006 | 6:31 am PST
Good review would like to see it updated when you have problem fixed though
   

pbweapon Monday, December 18th, 2006 | 10:18 am PST
well if ur rateing hoppers this thing deservs more than a 6 because its way better than other things........the realoder b2 cost more and doesnt work nearly as good
   

mist-man Monday, December 18th, 2006 | 3:03 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by pbweapon
well if ur rateing hoppers this thing deservs more than a 6 because its way better than other things........the realoder b2 cost more and doesnt work nearly as good

That is very kind of you to tell him his own opinions.
   

midman112 Thursday, December 21st, 2006 | 9:53 am PST
I dont own this hopper personally, but i borrowed a kids ego for 2 games and his pulse was so messed up i didnt know what to do. It wasnt feeding correctly and it seemed half the game i was trying to find the reverse button to work out jams in the loader. I agree with this review 100%. For the rest of the people commenting on this loader you need to either have one, used one, or just shut up all together because when this loader doesnt work you want to throw it at the ground.
   

pbweapon Thursday, December 21st, 2006 | 10:28 am PST
well i do own one aswell as a realoder b but the thing works great for me and i have played with it 5 times now and has worked fine every time.....the anti jam button works just fine if ur not so dumb u cant find it.........and if for some reason u did get so mad that u would throw it at the ground the shell is so stonge it wouldnt even effect the hopper
   

scwoody Friday, December 22nd, 2006 | 3:01 pm PST
well here is a little update on my pulse. the past couple weekends i have had problems with my rf chip. it would just quit working in the middle of a game, and there were other players at my field having the same problem. turns out after going to my local shop, they told me others have had this problem(very small %) and replased my chip for me. i still will get a jam here and there but have been able to clear with the reverse button.
   

Ahotdog Saturday, December 23rd, 2006 | 10:30 am PST
quote:
Originally posted by midman112
I dont own this hopper personally, but i borrowed a kids ego for 2 games and his pulse was so messed up i didnt know what to do. It wasnt feeding correctly and it seemed half the game i was trying to find the reverse button to work out jams in the loader. I agree with this review 100%. For the rest of the people commenting on this loader you need to either have one, used one, or just shut up all together because when this loader doesnt work you want to throw it at the ground.

LOL, hey if u get mad u CAN throw this hopper at the ground, its near impossible to break. I'd like to see someone to do that with their Halo!
   

midman112 Sunday, December 24th, 2006 | 7:07 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by pbweapon
well i do own one aswell as a realoder b but the thing works great for me and i have played with it 5 times now and has worked fine every time.....the anti jam button works just fine if ur not so dumb u cant find it.........and if for some reason u did get so mad that u would throw it at the ground the shell is so stonge it wouldnt even effect the hopper

well you know when you dont own the hopper and borrow it for only a game you dont instantly know where everything on the hopper is. Dont be a jacka$$ i borrowed it to get some airball in between reffing a bday party at my local field.

Oh and Ahotdog i threw my halo at the ground when we lost the finals by 7 points at a tourney earlier this year. Broke into a million pieces but it was cool since the motor was burned out and it was a piece of crap anyway.
   

klank is here Wednesday, December 27th, 2006 | 10:12 am PST
6 is actually generous wuth his problems. A 5 is supposed to be average incase you haven't noticed
   

skinner31 Thursday, December 28th, 2006 | 12:25 pm PST
u suck
   

ego4lifepbkid Saturday, December 30th, 2006 | 8:52 am PST
quote:
Originally posted by mist-man


That is very kind of you to tell him his own opinions.


love it
   

SpeedyKJ Thursday, January 4th, 2007 | 7:59 am PST
I dont agree with this at all

For one Ive put prolly 10,000 rounds through mine and it hasnt jammed once

And 2nd if you just press the reverse button that wont work...you have to hold it while you are puling your trigger (if you have it synced to your marker that is)

If you do not have it synced to your marker just hold the putton and with in 1 second it should reverse and unjam it self

And to the guy that said his jams cuz hes has broken paint shell in his hopper and thatss why its jamming...clean the darn thing and that wont happen thats why they made this hopper to where you can remove the drive system
   

paintballbobber Tuesday, January 9th, 2007 | 8:43 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by klank is here
6 is actually generous wuth his problems. A 5 is supposed to be average incase you haven't noticed

this is very true and people tend to forget that...always. he is rating the Pulse based on his expierience with it, and a 6 is slightly above average
   

-Kronic- Saturday, January 13th, 2007 | 1:32 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by paintballbobber


this is very true and people tend to forget that...always. he is rating the Pulse based on his expierience with it, and a 6 is slightly above average


your fat
   

paintballbobber Monday, January 29th, 2007 | 3:56 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by -Kronic-


your fat


lmao
   

scwoody Thursday, February 1st, 2007 | 9:46 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by SpeedyKJ
I dont agree with this at all

For one Ive put prolly 10,000 rounds through mine and it hasnt jammed once

And 2nd if you just press the reverse button that wont work...you have to hold it while you are puling your trigger (if you have it synced to your marker that is)

If you do not have it synced to your marker just hold the putton and with in 1 second it should reverse and unjam it self

And to the guy that said his jams cuz hes has broken paint shell in his hopper and thatss why its jamming...clean the darn thing and that wont happen thats why they made this hopper to where you can remove the drive system


i dont care if you dont agree, but my pulse does jam. and its not that easey in the middle of a tourney to pull the trey out and clean your hopper.
   

WgpZeroB23 Sunday, February 4th, 2007 | 8:45 pm PST
this loader is turrrible turrrible turrrible turrrible turrrible turrrible turrrible turrrible turrrible turrrible turrrible turrrible turrrible turrrible turrrible turrrible turrrible turrrible its is a sexy loader but i hate the damn buttons on the trey

P.S. its not that bad its just terrible id give it a 10 out of 10 for the lack of speed Lmao!
   

darkwolf0982 Saturday, March 24th, 2007 | 7:53 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by SpeedyKJ
I dont agree with this at all

For one Ive put prolly 10,000 rounds through mine and it hasnt jammed once

And 2nd if you just press the reverse button that wont work...you have to hold it while you are puling your trigger (if you have it synced to your marker that is)

If you do not have it synced to your marker just hold the putton and with in 1 second it should reverse and unjam it self

And to the guy that said his jams cuz hes has broken paint shell in his hopper and thatss why its jamming...clean the darn thing and that wont happen thats why they made this hopper to where you can remove the drive system



QTF
wow ,i hate this review. Gives a really good hopper a bad name becuz some people dont know how to use it
   

bigwood212 Wednesday, April 11th, 2007 | 7:38 pm PST
it should be in red mode if you dont have the chip. If its in red mode it will also reverse instantly. Also in green mode without the chip your going to see a lot of problems obviously.
   
                            
Pages (2):  1  |  2
        Next Page

Post a Comment
Please log in to your account to post a comment.

Not a member yet? Sign up now for free!

Return to the Reviews

Help / FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertising Info  |  Link to Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Top

Paintball Review

Copyright © 2000-2014 Hillclimb Media