The accuracy of this review is disputed. Please see discussion below.
Period of Product Use:
18 of 105 people found this review helpful.
Similar Products Used:
ion,pmr,invert mini, dp fusion, egos, shockers you name it ive shot it
Black ETEK EGO
I guess speed but what gun doesnt have speed
its a spyder
let me start of by saying dont be fooled by the new body and on/off this is a SPYDER... that preaty much says it all but to be fair i will go on.
the trigger is not tourney legal so dont try to go into a tourney due to the rocking trigger having two activation points makeing it illegal
it is heavy and uncomfertable i just cant stand it...
the barrel sucks and its not even the paint match balls curve every were,
it looks ugly as hell and you will proabley get laughed at by people at your feild
For the coast of this gun you should just get an ion...better feel, looks , more modes, tourney legal, more upgradable, made by smart parts and not spyder....nice try spyder or kingman watever you want to call it, you still made a fugly marker,,,save up 50 more dollars and get a dp fusion
3 out of 10
Last edited on Thursday, December 28th, 2006 at 7:20 pm PST
quote:Originally posted by ionballer100000
by the way in my 1 year of experience i guarente i will destroy you in a one on one...its not the amount of time ive been playing its the way i play weather its been 1 year or 10
I bet i can take you one on one with a Splatmaster
quote:Originally posted by ionballer100000 this is a website for pb reviews and this is why you should be baned you judge it becuse its a kingman alot of tourny players use spyders if you think im lying did you watch the nppl 07 world cup a whole buch of teams used them i cant believe your such a dik your not comparing a ego to a vs becuse you put your own opinions before the actuel guns peformance so gtfooh
ok where to begin....i do own an etek ego to begin with and i know the inside and out of it. i am 15 not 12...this is a website for pball reviews not a fkn english paper GTFO and for your info i have read some of these other reviews on this marker and i am not the only one to have a bad experience with this gun. im not comparing this vs3 to my etek or any other high end i am comparing it to guns it its price range...this gun is 330 ok not a bad price but then you see the pmr thats 400 wow 70 more for a 3x maybe 4x better gun then you see the invert mini maybe 2x as good and dont let me forget the dangerous power fusion 350 and its more of a high end gun then a vs3 will or could ever be............THE VS3 IS A POS AND EVERYONE ***** KNOWS IT .
you know i can't stand the unbelievably stupid people like you. why is the gun bad? is it because it's a spyder? since when does the manufacturer decide the quality and abilities of a gun? according to all the other reviews this gun is just as good as or better then the ion, i have one, and it keeps up with all the other markers on the field. if it didn't have the spyder logos on it someone could of said it was a smart parts and you would of loved it. people reading this may be trying to decide if the gun is truly worth buying, try not to confuse them, base your comment on the guns abilities, features, and quality, not by which company made it
Last edited on Sunday, May 27th, 2007 at 12:05 pm PST
First, all haters are idiots. Period. Saying any marker "sucks" is just as assinine as saying "Fords suck!" It is ignorant, meaningless and just pointless noise.
I am an Ion guy. (btw, to you Ion haters, nice try, but no "plastic" or "composite" here: http://www.sweetendeavorsonline.com/jtemp/MyIon.html).
While I am an Ion guy, that does not change the fact that this is a solid marker with some good features for a fair price.
(Love my Ion but I also own a Spyder and two Spyder clones, they do their job...everytime....period)
This guy is a special brand of idiot for several reasons...
- Claiming that "style" trumps "experience" in anything, anything at all is so grossly moronic that someone should take away his keyboard and get his butt back in school.
- Thinking that having a year experience in anything makes you an authority on that topic is somewhere between sociopathic-egomanical and plain old moron. I have been doing this for just under a decade and I have enough common sense to know I am still pretty ignorant on many things and am far from trying to put others 'in their place'.
- Thinking that any gun is holding you back or another gun is going to improve your game. I am tired of trying to explain to 15 year olds just how silly this is. I mean, these are the same kids who spend $200 on a pair of shoes to make them better ball players. It is nonesense and you saying it only indicates that you are completely full of bull and have some peepee envy going on. It will in no way make you magically a better player by picking it up. It will not magically improve your game by picking it up. It you expose your loader while snap-shooting, you will expopse your loader while snap-shooting with a $1500 marker.
- He has still yet not given one single meaningful and compelling argument as to why this marker is sub-standard. Not one. Not even in his numerous follow up posts.
- Saying something like "it is a Spyder, that pretty much says it" is soooooo foolish. You mean: it is rock solid, simple to maintain, will put up with years of punishment and still work under pretty much any circumstance and those are the negatives. Oh wait...I forgot, you have a whole year's experience.
Dispute: This guy has never tested this gun. if he had he would have been more descriptive! I am a amature psycholigist and i can tell that he never tested this gun, he is just a spyder hater and yes the trigger is not allowed in some amature tournaments because of the two activation points. But it is legal at NPPL level and also PSP level.
Im one of the owner of Smart parts ION marker and ephiphany. but VS3 is way better (if not as good as) the Ion. I own VS1-vs3 series, MR2 and electra. we dont hate a marker becoz there's a Spyder logo on its body. if you could not post a review, stop posting your stupid opinion
You dont need a good gun to have skills......My dad who has been playing for 15-20 years and uses a Spyder TL and he rules the field.I use a Spyder VS3 and I do fine with or without it.Just the other day i had to send it in to get fixed(battery problem) and I used my Spyder Xtra.I ruled the field by the way.
I almost completely agree with ion, my grip had a bulge and it broke after the first time i used it but the trigger is still fun to use and not many people who buy a vs3 are entering tourney's. but it still looks ok but it still isnt the best gun b/c spyder is a very bad maker of guns, it is loose and almost 3lbs. i returned the gun off the warraty and then bought an epiphany, it is great for $200, it is way sexier. it is basically luck if you get a good one because so many are faulty.
1# ions are crap and these are better
2# if youve switched from an ep gun to this of course your not gonna like it.
3# the rocking trigger is legal in NPPL tournaments and 3-5 man tournys as well.
4# paint-to-bore size is your problem
5# ive gone to my field and people who have been around in tournaments are always wanting to use the gun.
6# just because its a spyder is not a weakness idiot.
ok the ions are reat guns, they are easily upgradeable and are made to play in all tourneys. but still the epiphany is great which is upgradeable from the ion, vs3 has very few upgrades and is compatible with very few spyder items, but the vs3 is low maintenence shoots fast with a very coll rocking trigger design, the clasping feed neck is also ok, and so is the reg.