As stated above, this is my first gear bag. When compared to the large, heavy box I used to carry my gear in, the XLT is a clear winner.
* Large main compartment
* Large goggle and 'wet' compartment
* Wheels and telescoping handle
* Accessory bags
* Main compartment has no dividers
* Side pockets are tight, don't open all the way
* No directions / suggestions for placement
* Marker Tether System is pointless
I was disappointed that no directions or suggestions were included with the gear bag. Granted, my gear all fits, I just would have liked to see what they intended for each section of the bag. My other disappointment was with the Marker Tether System. Again, no instructions were included, but from what I could gather, the MTS is basically some velcro straps that can be used to fasten ONE gun to the top section of this bag, ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BAG. This is utterly ridiculous in my opinion. Including enough velcro for two guns would have been nice, but more importantly, WHO LEAVES THEIR GUNS STRAPPED TO THE TOP OF A BAG OUT IN THE OPEN?
* There is a barrel bag included. IIRC, it holds four barrels.
* There is, what I assume, a gun bag included. The 'bag' has a velcro divider down the middle with two pouches. These two pouches barely fit a Blazer body each.
* There is a 'top' bag. The top bag zips onto the top of the bag and then clips onto the other side. I can fit my Squall or Nasty Houndstooth into this bag, but I would never leave it fastened to the top of the XLT as it's very awkward. Instead, if I use the bag, it gets put inside the XLT.
* There is a small duffel bag for extra gear or clothes.
* Inside the goggle area is a netted pouch on either side for lenses. I have two Profiler lenses and a Profiler bag in each pouch with a little room to spare.
* In the main compartment, one side has a divided pouch, and the other side a vertically split pouch. Stock class harnesses in one side of the divider, gloves in the other. The large netted area sags too much for me to use it.
* Netting in the side pockets of the bag are tight. I've got tools, pieces-parts, barrel bags, etc., on one side of the bag, and it's a VERY tight fit. Especially since it's the same side of the bag with the divided internal netting.
* One side is almost useless to me. Small areas for pens, phone, etc. I don't carry that stuff onto the field, and the compartments are too small for tools.
* The other side is much more usable - contents quoted above. Because of the stuff inside, this pocket bulges and is a paint to get in and out of.
What do I have in the bag?
* Two Blazers in included gun 'bag'
* Two Blazer barrels in included barrel 'bag'
* Two Profilers with lenses
* Two 68ci tanks
* Two 3+ pod packs
* Nine pods
* 100 10-round tubes
* Tools and cleaning supplies
* 3.5oz CO2 and 12 gram cartridges
* Clothes and towels
What do I NOT have in the bag?
* My SCUBA tank
* A gun case with my Nasty and Squall
* Dirty boots
This bag holds everything I want it to hold, and is much easier to carry / transport than what I was previously using.
I think my disappointments stem from the fact that I didn't have (or couldn't find) much information about the new '07 bags before purchasing. I'm OK if you say that's my fault.
I think the MTS is a joke, and will likely never use it.
Otherwise, the bag seems to be well made and sturdy. I like it, but can't give it a 10, as it's definitely not perfect. My rating: 8.