paintball

  Join pbreview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

  
Home     |      Paintball Articles     |      Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
pbReview.com / Comments on irobotnic's Review / Comments on irobotnic's Review / Comments on irobotnic's Review / Comments on irobotnic's Review / Comments on irobotnic's Review

Comments on irobotnic's Review

Jump to the Comments  |  Post a Comment  |  Dispute this Review  |  Return to the Reviews

irobotnic Thursday, January 25th, 2007
Period of
Product Use:
Only tested2 of 5 people found this review helpful.

Paintball
Experience:
3 months
Similar
Products Used:
98 Custom
A-5
Marker Setup: 98 Custom, 48/3000 Pure Energy HPA tank,Empire 14" Barrel, Gravity feed hopper,everything else stock.
Recommended
Upgrades:
Barrel of course
E-grip because it has a bit slow of a rate of fire
Strengths: Durable
Nicely Priced

Weaknesses: A bit heavy
Trigger pull a bit heavy
Not to many upgrades
Short stock barrel
Review: Well this gun is not bad. I remember when I rented them before I got my 98 Custom. They are a bit cheaper than the 98 Custom bit still good. They are very durable and can take some wear and tear. It is pretty good as soon as you get it. It is a great gun for begginners like me, and it works very well with C02, as in another case some guns don't work as well with it.
Conclusion: This gun is pretty good. I recomend it. it, I rented one since then, and i realized it's not so diffrent from my 98 Custom, They are like cousins. This gun works very well, is consistant, and will keep up with you for years to come.
Rating:
7 out of 10Last edited on Thursday, February 22nd, 2007 at 4:58 pm PST
 

Review Comments
bunkerem Friday, January 26th, 2007 | 7:19 am PST
Is anyone else here tired of fanboy's like this posting BS ratings to drag a markers overall rating down? I've got one of these and I think all the weaknesses you claim are debatable. EXTREMELY HEAVY? Go lift some weights girly-man. BAD STOCK BARREL? Mine's mirror smooth inside and accurate as any stock barrel on a marker in this class I've used. HEAVY TRIGGER PULL? Nobody's gonna use this for speedball but if the trigger really bothers you BT has a double trigger kit or an egrip available. Mine's stock and I'd go up against any stock 98.BAD AIR EFFICIENCY? I get 500 shots from a 9 oz CO2. What do you get with your 98?? Not many upgrades? See the comments on all the other posts that claim this. I hear BT's even coming out with a cyclone feed for the BT-4, oohh, sounds like a nail in the a-5's coffin to me.
FOR THE MONEY, YOU CAN"T BEAT THIS MARKER FOR RECBALL!
   

humanbeersponge Wednesday, January 31st, 2007 | 9:01 am PST
Stop being a muppet and giving out low scores. A 2 would denote the marker does not work and not the pissy issues you have brought up.

The BT can be weighty because it is built solid. Trigger heavy you fanny stop whinging.

Try being a human being. Ive upgraded mine to the hilt, with standard Picatinny rails you can use any military fitting and not have to pay for cheap manufactured rubbish like the ones designed to fit Tippmanns. Your comment on ok for begginners, you are a begginer playing for 3 months.

Complete fanboy Twat.

Y
   

Ravenwulfe Friday, February 23rd, 2007 | 11:11 am PST
quote:
Originally posted by bunkerem
Is anyone else here tired of fanboy's like this posting BS ratings to drag a markers overall rating down? I've got one of these and I think all the weaknesses you claim are debatable. EXTREMELY HEAVY? Go lift some weights girly-man. BAD STOCK BARREL? Mine's mirror smooth inside and accurate as any stock barrel on a marker in this class I've used. HEAVY TRIGGER PULL? Nobody's gonna use this for speedball but if the trigger really bothers you BT has a double trigger kit or an egrip available. Mine's stock and I'd go up against any stock 98.BAD AIR EFFICIENCY? I get 500 shots from a 9 oz CO2. What do you get with your 98?? Not many upgrades? See the comments on all the other posts that claim this. I hear BT's even coming out with a cyclone feed for the BT-4, oohh, sounds like a nail in the a-5's coffin to me.
FOR THE MONEY, YOU CAN"T BEAT THIS MARKER FOR RECBALL!


Hey, just wanted to clear something up. BT isn't allowed to make a cyclone feed because that's patented by Tippmann, so they basically made an offset Halo drive with a wide mouth hopper. It's on the newest BT-4 ERC. So... basicly cyclone rip off with different operating principles.

And careful with your tone... you're coming across as a fanboy, yourself. No offense.

As for this being the nail in the A-5's coffin... I'd like to respectfully disagree. =P I see about 10 A-5s for every BT-4 whenever I go paintballing, and a lot of people have the notion they are lower quality. Personally, I think the A-5's my personal favorite paintball gun, but I still think BTs are pretty good... except I don't like their after market stuff. I had an AK-47 barrel... the set screws sucked and I didn't like how it was mounted. Plus, it shot worse than my Progressive at 4 times the cost. And and I got a carbine stock for my A-5. The stock had one weak set screw break so now it spins around in a circle and has a weird ring that is supposed to tighten it. Wasn't too happy that a 90 dollar stock broke within two years.


In summary, my personal experience with BT products is lack luster, so I'm kind of weary of buying anything BT for my A-5.


AND TO THE REVIEW!

In a sense, I agree with the other guys, but I think your rating was fair. I think the trigger pull is only a little bit stiffer than the 98. As for there not being a lot of upgrades, BT's made a very wide variety (I just don't like the ones that came out for the A-5 from bad personal experience) that for the most part are decent quality, and a lot of A-5 and 98 parts are interchangeable with BTs and US-5s. Actually, I'm kind of impressed with BT's innovation lately. The Apex was clever, the ERT's loader was pretty slick, and the parts that come standard on certain models (just BT-4s with various marketed parts) was a great idea. I'm sure even after you get more experience, you'll find they still hold up well. Most people I know who have them love them and they swear by them. I don't think they're better than A-5s and all the upgrades (personal opinion, granted I don't have much experience with the BTs!), BT's for sure beating Tippmann in the innovation department post C3 era. If BT can make a new, original marker that isn't a BT-4 with some great new features, they'll for sure put themselves on the name brand woodsball companies. For the time being, I think they're still establishing their market, and getting better with each version they put out. It's kind of refreshing, actually.
Last edited on Friday, February 23rd, 2007 at 11:12 am PST
   

irobotnic Friday, February 23rd, 2007 | 2:03 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by Ravenwulfe



As for there not being a lot of upgrades, BT's made a very wide variety (I just don't like the ones that came out for the A-5 from bad personal experience) that for the most part are decent quality, and a lot of A-5 and 98 parts are interchangeable with BTs and US-5s. Actually, I'm kind of impressed with BT's innovation lately.


Seriously, I had no idea, i thought all it had was A-5 barrels and a few stocks and an E-grip.
   

Ravenwulfe Saturday, February 24th, 2007 | 6:22 am PST
quote:
Originally posted by irobotnic


Seriously, I had no idea, i thought all it had was A-5 barrels and a few stocks and an E-grip.


I think it's actually 98 threaded. o_O But when they first came out, it was that way. Now you have barrel kits, offset rip drives, collapsible fore grips, Apex barrels, M4 and AK-47 barrels including ones with the Apex in them, bipods, magazine expansion chambers, raised sight rails, et cetera. It's pretty cool, you can find most of this on Tippmanns and more, but don't forget they're still pretty new.
   

Post a Comment
Please log in to your account to post a comment.

Not a member yet? Sign up now for free!

Return to the Reviews

Help / FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertising Info  |  Link to Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Top

Paintball Review

Copyright © 2000-2014 Hillclimb Media