After owning and loving Redz old small bag, i wanted to replace it with their newer version (yes, simply because it was new, sorry for being a tool). But i did get free stuff & shipping turned out cheaper than some other sites i checked. *Redz had this free t-shirt offer that i too k advantage of & surprise surprise, i got free stickers (3) & keychains (2), too. Worth the $40+ shipping, imo.
Construction: standard material seen on any gear bag, tough cordura nylon or whatever they call it. Good enough for paintball, basically. There is some padding on the bottom & sides - again, it's enough. Everything looks & feels high quality except ** i noticed the bottom doesn't quite line up with one of the sides. It's only off by a centimeter and doesn't effect the durability but it's something i noticed.
- 2 exterior pockets on the ends, good for barrel condoms, rags, battle swabs, etc.
- Exterior velcro strap above one pocket lets you hang a mask or two.
- Top flap has 3 barrel sleeves on the underside.
- Main compartment has 2 dividers (removable) & dual straps for a tank.
Comparison to old Redz small bag:
- shorter but a bit taller & wider; however, this makes it less cumbersome w/ the shoulder strap so bravo Redz.
- 2 guns, 1 tank & 1 hopper can fit comfortably inside.
- old bag had one big zipper compartment on one side, which i liked to stash my straight shots, barrel condoms & manuals in, but those can be tossed in the main compartment & end pockets now.
- new bag has more padding.
Redz photos of the bag are a bit misleading because they look more like a messenger bag or large laptop bag yet in reality it's larger. But it's still a nice, compact bag compared to large gear bags.
I've got a large bag but typically i don't need to lug that around unless i'm going on a trip. For general recball purposes close to home, the Redz small gear bag is great.