-06 Nexus Ego Tadao
-04 Shocker HE-Bolt
-04 Dark Intimidator
-05 Alien Black/Gold Interceptor
-03 Rat Impulse WAS
-05 Proto Matrix
-Hybrid Bolt Guide/ Top Hat Mod/feedneck
-Top Hat Mod (helps)
-Board (only for modes)
Quiet, Accurate (with good barrel), Milling, Dependable.
Air efficiency(stock), only comes in dust anodizing, horrible feed neck
About 2 years ago, I bought this gun for $300 cash and I am still using it as my primary gun. And after 2 years of use, I only have a few minor complaints.
1) The air efficiency isn't amazing even with the top-hat and beer-can mod. But its not fair to say that because its just a typical spool valve. Plus my gun is set towards consistency, not efficiency. I can get about 4 pods and a hopper off a 68/4500 fill.
2) The feed neck that it comes with is HORRIBLE. I could not fit my Reloader B into it, so I just bought a cheap feed neck that fits.
3) The lube for this gun is fine for average Texas weather, but in colder climates, you may want to find an alternative. Something like leaving it in my car overnight in 50 degree weather gets my bolt stuck, so I swiched to hater sauce.
1) The accuracy on this gun is very consistent, but I match paint to bore and I NEVER use cheap paint. Saying ball-on-ball from 70 yds is ridiculous, I'll just say it fits Speed ball fields length very well.
2) If set right, this gun can be amazingly quiet and smooth when shooting.
3) The stock board was actually very satisfying during the first few months of use, I could fire as fast as my fingers could go. Which was only about 17-19 BPS. I only purchased the Tadao M6 board for more Fireing Modes and more settings. Plus the eye logic is way better.
4) This gun can be very reliable if you take really good care of it after you play. Get into the routine of cleaning, re-lubing, and replacing any damaged o-rings after every time you play. I have been very strict about this, and I haven't had any blown o-rings for 2 years.
The Proto Matrix is an amazing gun for the price. PM5's are going for really cheap, making it an easy gun to pick up.
I give this gun a 9 because there is no such thing as a perfect gun.
9 out of 10
Last edited on Tuesday, May 8th, 2007 at 11:20 am PST