paintball

  Join pbreview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

  
Home     |      Paintball Articles     |      Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
pbReview.com / Comments on bobblehead's Review / Comments on bobblehead's Review / Comments on bobblehead's Review / Comments on bobblehead's Review

Comments on bobblehead's Review

Jump to the Comments  |  Post a Comment  |  Dispute this Review  |  Return to the Reviews

bobblehead Tuesday, February 20th, 2007
The accuracy of this review is disputed. Please see discussion below.
Period of
Product Use:
3 months3 of 28 people found this review helpful.

Paintball
Experience:
1 year
Similar
Products Used:
first battery operated loader i've owned
Marker Setup: Spyder MR2, 14 inch J&J barrel, using co2
Strengths: Sorry couldn't find any
Weaknesses: Agiator breaking paint,Agiator kept spinning and eventually broke 2 of the 4 prongs off,
Review: I"m sorry folks, after using this loader for a little over 21/2 months I never had a good game with it. I kept switching balls, detents, even made a elbow( thinking something was causing it to ot feed properly) I hate to say it but I think kingman needs to go back to the R&D department and rethink this somemore
Conclusion: Don't waste your hard earned money
Rating:
1 out of 10
 

Review Comments
AmbushOrigin Tuesday, February 20th, 2007 | 7:02 pm PST
Ok first off, if u do own this hopper then all i can say is wow...

its force fed, therefore its going to continously spin..

breaking paint? uhh.. ever think of the grade of paint you are using?

This hopper is based off the ricochet but improved, i do believe kingman bought rights and patent from ricochet for these.

And your running forcefed on a MR2 that right there is a problem to.
   

AmbushOrigin Tuesday, February 20th, 2007 | 7:20 pm PST
Dispute:
No personal experiences listed, excessive and useful testing. Lack of knowledge on product, and probably marker.
   

derek506 Tuesday, February 20th, 2007 | 9:40 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by AmbushOrigin
Ok first off, if u do own this hopper then all i can say is wow...

its force fed, therefore its going to continously spin..

breaking paint? uhh.. ever think of the grade of paint you are using?

This hopper is based off the ricochet but improved, i do believe kingman bought rights and patent from ricochet for these.

And your running forcefed on a MR2 that right there is a problem to.

Ok, there is many things wrong with these statements. First, a force fed does not continuously spin, it only spins when there are no balls in the feedneck, second low grade paint wont break in your hopper lower grade paint = less brittle. Also it wouldent be a problem to run it on a MR2, especially because its force fed, Im pretty sure that they are not truely force fed, as in there is no tension on the ball stack. Just next time get the facts strait.
   

GoWH3fan Wednesday, February 21st, 2007 | 11:26 am PST
Sound like maybe software problems you should get it replaced. Could have been damaged on delivery or you are not tell us something. I don't own this hopper personally just trying to help out.
Last edited on Monday, March 5th, 2007 at 3:03 pm PST
   

AmbushOrigin Thursday, February 22nd, 2007 | 12:10 am PST
quote:
Originally posted by derek506

Ok, there is many things wrong with these statements. First, a force fed does not continuously spin, it only spins when there are no balls in the feedneck, second low grade paint wont break in your hopper lower grade paint = less brittle. Also it wouldent be a problem to run it on a MR2, especially because its force fed, Im pretty sure that they are not truely force fed, as in there is no tension on the ball stack. Just next time get the facts strait.


its considered force fed, and uses a sensor on it which tells the props to spin. That recirculates paintballs to apply pressure on the ball stack. With low grade paint the props will actually blend the paint. I know, seen it happen in multiple hoppers, more so in reloaders and halo's then anything. As far as facts... yeah i know, considering i was sponsored by ricochet and the fasta consists of about 90% ricochet parts.
   

pbfreak555 Friday, February 23rd, 2007 | 7:37 pm PST
GoWH3fan is right you probably have a defect in your loader you should get it checked out. my buddy has the fasta and it works great.
   

redracer Thursday, March 8th, 2007 | 3:44 pm PST
Dispute:
i have this hopper and it works great. all i can say is that there is something seriously wrong with ur hopper
   

Shadow Nugz Wednesday, April 18th, 2007 | 7:22 pm PST
Compared to almost every other review on this section yours seems like its very specific. Try and return it (if the warranty isn't void) and get a new one. This sounds very specific to your hopper. And to derek there is cheap paint that is weak. For example a cheapie paint is so brittle a tap with my finger will smash it. I am not exaggerating. Try better quality paint.
   

Lyxtwing Thursday, June 7th, 2007 | 1:29 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by redracer
i have this hopper and it works great. all i can say is that there is something seriously wrong with ur hopper
Than why do you dispute his review? If there is something wrong with his hopper and he is reviewing his hopper there is little merrit to your dispute.

As for some of the other posts, if this is built like a ricochet than it isn't a true force fed loader. It's kind of like an Apache (semi force fed, kind of like an egg), with upgrades This should actually make for a great loader, though I have yet to talk to someone in person who has enjoyed their's.

Edit: Also, he mentions in the review that different types of paint were tried. As others have said though, I would send it back and see if you can get it replaced. From what others have told me this hopper isn't the end all, but shouldn't be doing what you describe.
Last edited on Thursday, June 7th, 2007 at 1:33 pm PST
   

Post a Comment
Please log in to your account to post a comment.

Not a member yet? Sign up now for free!

Return to the Reviews

Help / FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertising Info  |  Link to Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Top

Paintball Review

Copyright © 2000-2014 Hillclimb Media