paintball

  Join pbreview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

  
Home     |      Paintball Articles     |      Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
pbReview.com / Comments on kagerousan's Review / Comments on kagerousan's Review / Comments on kagerousan's Review / Comments on kagerousan's Review

Comments on kagerousan's Review

Jump to the Comments  |  Post a Comment  |  Dispute this Review  |  Return to the Reviews

kagerousan Thursday, April 19th, 2007
Period of
Product Use:
1 year4 of 4 people found this review helpful.

Paintball
Experience:
1 year
Similar
Products Used:
none
Marker Setup: Tippman 98 Custom
Smart Parts Progressive Barrel
20 oz CO2
Recommended
Barrels:
Smart Parts Freak .691 insert
Any large bore (.691) barrel
Strengths: inexpensive
readily available (Wal Mart)
Weaknesses: Inconsistent size
Review: Big Balls are exactly what the name implies -- B-I-G. Fuggin' huge, in fact. 70% fit well in a Freak .691 insert. The other 30% are either unbelievably huge (.693) or average (.689).

30% variability seems high to me, but hey what do you expect? These are inexpensive paintballs, so i assume inconsistent shooting is normal. Just remember that with this paint, no matter what barrel you use, you can expect about one shot in three to fall short:
70 / 100: right size; low friction, low blowby
15 / 100: too big; high friction, nominal blowby (high friction = low muzzle velocity = short shot)
15 / 100: too small; nominal friction, high blowby (high blowby = low pressure = short shot)
Conclusion: Big Ball is a good buy for the spray-n-pray shooter (who can carry plenty of ammo); you can buy lots of it without taking out that 2nd mortgage.

For shot-to-shot consistency or limited-ammo play, seek a more consistently sized paintball.
Rating:
7 out of 10
 

Review Comments

No Comments


Post a Comment
Please log in to your account to post a comment.

Not a member yet? Sign up now for free!

Return to the Reviews

Help / FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertising Info  |  Link to Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Top

Paintball Review

Copyright © 2000-2014 Hillclimb Media