This product has a few pros and cons, as I have observed so far, but this is what I have experienced as of now:
- Strong: The Lapco barrel adapter is a strong little piece of metal that holds up strong against pretty much everything that you might encounter.
- Snug: When I first attached my adapter to my barrel I immediately noticed how tight the fit was. The A5 threads fit perfectly into the adapter with no problems and stayed there.
- Short: This is a nice feature because although it does add some length to your barrel, it is not a significant amount. It comes in handy when you already have a reletively long barrel.
Now for the....
- Wobly: I found that when I put my barrel + adapter onto my gun it wobled slightly from side to side. Of course it took me a few minutes to put in the first time, but this is because I had no oil. I ended up spitting on it...not a very good plan. I believe that the woble is caused by the o-ring being flattened because of me leaving it in the gun with no oil.
- Can be hard to remove: When I decided to take my barrel off and dissasemble the adapter and barrel, I ended up getting a cut on my finger from the threads. I tried to unscrew the two pieces, but since it is so SNUG it didn't really want to come off. I would suggest applying some gun oil to the adapter before attaching it to your barrel to avoid any injuries, silly as that may seem.
Hands down this was (and is) an excellent accesory that will really help you get the best out of your equipment or allow you to purchase barrels that don't have certain threading options. If you want more bang for your bucks then pick up one of these babies! The only pre-usage recommendations for this is to oil it up wherever there is an o-ring or threads. It will help you save times and conserve bandaids.