Mini Invert (consistent, lighter, tiny)
Ion (good bang for your buck)
Epiphany (same as Ion just little up'd.)
PMR SE (Clear/Black)
Draxxus 68/45 LP Tank
1) Drop Forward (CP Micro Razor Drop) - Personal preference and will be my next upgrade.
2) clamping feedneck - will be my next upgrade
3) maybe trigger, i don't mind the stock.
3) Easy to strip and maintain
4) Stock two-piece barrel
Got this gun recently after much debate between Invert Mini and PMR SE (tried both of them multiple times). Tough choice, but worth it.
Chrono'd the gun right out of the box and was getting 285 +-15. Altho the ones i've tried has given me 280 +- 5. I guess it'll take few games before i break into the reg.
PMR has 4 modes, and boy does it rip. Sure you can set the ROF to 30bps with PSP mode, however, you will not get the full 30bps with eyes ON or OFF. That's cause most hoppers (i.e. Vlocity, Halo etc.); and i don't care what ppl say; won't feed upto that speed (max you'll get is 20-22). The only time i've seen it rip close to 30bps is with pulse loader with RF chip.
Anyhow, i didn't buy the gun just for the 30bps, bought it for its reliability and consistency on the field. And ofcourse, easy maintenance. So far (2 games), i haven't been disappointed. No chops (with eyes on) and no barrel breaks so far.
The gun is pretty light and with vlocity jr (which is lighter than halo b) and carbon fiber tank (i.e. Draxxus or crossfire), you can't go wrong.
The only two things i didn't like were:
1) feedneck - where you need an allen-key to screw in and out, if you tend to take your hopper out often.
2) swivel - where the macroline attaches to the Hyper-2 reg. Can be annoying.
However, these two weakness can be ignored:
1) upgrade feedneck to clamp neck
2) get a new reg? or you can just simple ignore it :)
Go for the PMR SE instead of the regular PMR. Rumor is they coming out with new version of PMR, but who knows what the $$$ will be. For $275, you can't go wrong. And if you have personal preference on setting up your gun, many after market parts available. Love this gun, and would recommend it to anyone.
I guess the newer production comes with clamping feedneck. Where did you buy yours? I couldn't find one online (i guess they still selling older pmr se stock)? But thats great...you saved yourself $25 bucks :)