paintball

  Join pbreview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

  
Home     |      Paintball Articles     |      Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
pbReview.com / Comments on ExDementia's Review / Comments on ExDementia's Review / Comments on ExDementia's Review / Comments on ExDementia's Review / Comments on ExDementia's Review

Comments on ExDementia's Review

Jump to the Comments  |  Post a Comment  |  Dispute this Review  |  Return to the Reviews

ExDementia Wednesday, October 1st, 2008
The accuracy of this review is disputed. Please see discussion below.
Period of
Product Use:
Less than a month3 of 20 people found this review helpful.

Paintball
Experience:
Less than a month
Similar
Products Used:
my other gun was an ion, but i didnt like it cuz it didnt shoot far or hard at all
Marker Setup: i threw the ion away
brand new dm8!!
custom ordered 24 inch rifled barrel
halo b ammo holder
12 oz co2 tank
Recommended
Upgrades:
i just bought a custom ordered 24 inch rifled barrel and it makes it way more accurate and way more powerful!
Strengths: Really powerfull right out of the box!
Weaknesses: Doesnt come with ammo, an ammo loader or a co2 tank
Review: My mom bought me an ion about a week and a half ago and i brought it to the local field to play for the first time and it barely even shot across the field! i should have known that buying a cheapy gun would be a bad idea cuz everyone else was shooting really far but i couldnt because the cheapy guns arent powerful enough

so my mom and i went to the local shop and he said that the dm8 was the best gun out so we bought it. i took it to the field and they wouldnt even let me play because it was sooo powerful! they said there limit was 280 fps, and my gun was shooting over 320!!! after i took it to a shop they made it a little less powerfull, i guess they put some less powerful springs in it so i could actually play with people. Man it was worth it! its really accurate, i can hit my cat from all the way across my yard! my uncle it a gun tech and his shop made me a 24 inch custom rifled barrel, so now its even more accurate

its actually so powerful that i use up all my co2 before a game is up, i need to buy a bigger one to keep up with it
Conclusion: Definitally buy this gun, its worth it to buy the best because if you get a cheapy one you wont be powerful enough to hit anybody
Rating:
10 out of 10
 

Review Comments
MitchB Wednesday, October 1st, 2008 | 4:50 pm PST
i really hope this fa.g is a joke
   

irsd123 Wednesday, October 1st, 2008 | 8:02 pm PST
Dementia, you are either the dumbest human being alive, or just really, really bad at humor.
   

TPD Wednesday, October 1st, 2008 | 9:37 pm PST
Hmmmmm
   

ExDementia Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 | 2:15 am PST
quote:
Originally posted by irsd123
Dementia, you are either the dumbest human being alive, or just really, really bad at humor.

i know im a newby but that doesnt give you the right to be mean! just let me know what im doing wrong, everyones a newby at some point right?
   

TPD Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 | 5:19 am PST
Given you've apparently spent the money (or someone has) on the DM8, you really need to finish up and buy an hpa tank. Anything will do, as long as you do away with your dirty-ole-co2
   

irsd123 Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 | 7:59 am PST
quote:
Originally posted by ExDementia


i know im a newby but that doesnt give you the right to be mean! just let me know what im doing wrong, everyones a newby at some point right?


Even newbies don't buy (or have their parents buy) a $1400 gun without doing any research whatsoever. CO2 WILL break your DM. You should have kept the Ion until you learned a bit more about the sport, spoolers are very maintenance intensive.
   

ExDementia Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 | 3:19 pm PST
ok im going to buy an air tank today then, and why would i need to do research when the pro at the shop told me its the best?
   

irsd123 Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 | 10:31 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by ExDementia
ok im going to buy an air tank today then, and why would i need to do research when the pro at the shop told me its the best?
You were feeding CO2 into an electronic spooler. Short of lubricating it with ground up glass that is just about the worst thing you could possibly do to it. you need experience to use a marker to it's full potential, and you can exactly get that overnight or via mail order. The best way to get good is to start off with a lower/mid level gun, practice and play until you can max out it's potential, and then upgrade to something better. If we hadn't told you how bad CO2 was for your gun, you would have essentially trashed the entire marker. THAT is why you need to research a product before you buy it.
Last edited on Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 at 10:33 pm PST
   

TPD Friday, October 3rd, 2008 | 8:53 am PST
I mean, one way to run the older Gen-E's was on double reg'd co2. I mean, these were not nearly as fast or efficient as the present DM series, but it is the same basic design. could work, but really a horrible idea - I don't believe anyone intended to run the dm8 on co2. would be interesting though...
   

ftsagm Tuesday, October 14th, 2008 | 8:15 am PST
hell if this guy is trying to be funny i think he did a damn good job of it. "I threw the ion away" - in his marker setup is classic! i think he's playing on the- little spoiled dumb rich kid whos parents buy him anything while we work for our equipment- multiplied by 10. if you are not dementia, then you need to learn the value of hard ass work.

"doesn't come with ammo, ammo loader or co2 tank"- i'm laughing typing this!

"paintball experience less than a month"- LOL

"cheapy guns aren't powerful enough"- LOL
Last edited on Tuesday, October 14th, 2008 at 8:20 am PST
   

ExDementia Wednesday, October 15th, 2008 | 1:12 am PST
quote:
Originally posted by ftsagm
hell if this guy is trying to be funny i think he did a damn good job of it. "I threw the ion away" - in his marker setup is classic! i think he's playing on the- little spoiled dumb rich kid whos parents buy him anything while we work for our equipment- multiplied by 10. if you are not dementia, then you need to learn the value of hard ass work.

"doesn't come with ammo, ammo loader or co2 tank"- i'm laughing typing this!

"paintball experience less than a month"- LOL

"cheapy guns aren't powerful enough"- LOL

You are correct sir, i could not have explained my purpose for writing that any better.
   

tylerdurden999 Friday, October 31st, 2008 | 5:23 am PST
Dispute:
what the f**k are you talking about?!

ions are a pile of sheet, but that doesnt mean they dont shoot very far

less powerful springs? errrr....

co2 through a dm8, thats like blasphemy

24in barrel?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHA

i HATE spoilt little rich kids whos parents buy them loads of paintball gear, get a job and learn the value of money.


   

ExDementia Saturday, November 1st, 2008 | 12:27 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by tylerdurden999
what the f**k are you talking about?!

ions are a pile of sheet, but that doesnt mean they dont shoot very far

less powerful springs? errrr....

co2 through a dm8, thats like blasphemy

24in barrel?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHA

i HATE spoilt little rich kids whos parents buy them loads of paintball gear, get a job and learn the value of money.



Wow... If you look at the post above you, you will see that I just confessed to my review being a joke... And learn to spell.
Last edited on Saturday, November 1st, 2008 at 12:28 pm PST
   

Choppy Saturday, March 28th, 2009 | 9:03 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by ExDementia

Wow... If you look at the post above you, you will see that I just confessed to my review being a joke... And learn to spell.

then delete the f'in post so people can get a real and honest review to help them, dum sh*t
   

helpgeo5 Saturday, April 18th, 2009 | 3:28 pm PST
if you are new then lett me say thease things

1. I HATE KIDS WHO GET THERE PEARENTS REALLY GOOD GUNS WHEN THEY JUST WENT INTO SPORT
2. DONT use co2 will break gun
3.your a noob
4. no such thing as moor powerfull guns. and its a screw you tirn to lower and higher velocity.
5. you want a short gun not 21 inch barrel or whatever. and 12 inch does fine
6. you dont deserve to have an DM9
7. your a noob
8.your a noob
9. its called a hopper
10. no guns come with paintballs
Last edited on Saturday, April 18th, 2009 at 3:29 pm PST
   

Protokid4life Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009 | 1:09 pm PST
Dispute:
it says that he uses co2 with a dye dm8 but all dye guns onlyr run off of compressed air/or nitrogen.
   

Jorell1000 Saturday, June 19th, 2010 | 2:12 pm PST
Hahaha this review definitely looks like it was posted as a spoof to make people angry and attract trolls.
   

Post a Comment
Please log in to your account to post a comment.

Not a member yet? Sign up now for free!

Return to the Reviews

Help / FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertising Info  |  Link to Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Top

Paintball Review

Copyright © 2000-2014 Hillclimb Media