Tippmann Model 98 (98Custom) Flatline Barrel System
E-grip (has a custom blade trigger)
Flatline barrel system
Winter time: RPS Polar Ice
Summer time: Anything small or small/medium bore
- Almost as short as the Stock Barrel, a little overl 9 inches!
- With even all metal shroud, price is reasonable
- Inside finish is new/improved from Model 98 style, creates better backspin effect
- Accuracy is above par
- Distance is similar to the 98-style Flatline. You know you're outdistancing everybody else.
- Still love the look of the "floating" illusion given
- Installation is a snap. Lighten screws, twist on system, tighten screws. Done!
- Alignment of barrel and adapter is much better, there are markings to properly set them (less chance to screw up)
- Set E-grip on full auto, drained the entire hopper. Not a single ball break or chop.
- No porting or muzzle break. This may give it the "silencer" look, but I'm telling you there's nothing silent about it.
- All metal shroud and adapter pieces, this gives the marker more weight. A little front-heavy.
What people have come to expect from the 98 Flatline has surprisingly been improved upon. Not only will you get the distance of the Flatline and good accuracy. But now installing and aligning the barrel up properly have been greatly improved. No more complaints of people having the barrel installed a little off, making the paint constantly curve. People who say firing fast + flatline = blender... they can be put to rest. This shoot great at single shots or high rates of fire.
Though it's not perfect. It's a little too loud for some peoples' tastes. And the balance of the marker is now a little heavier in the front.
Overall, this barrel is great. For those that play in the woods and want to shoot under the branches while everybody else can't do anything but arch and have paint break in the branches. Or possibly even some back-players on the speedball field, depending on the size.
Take a look at this barrel, you won't regret it.