14" J&J Ceramic
12v Revy with X-board
Modified Valve and Valve pin
Multiple Firing modes
Metal Frame of good quality
Poor Trigger shape
Electronics on the fritz after 4 months of minimal use
Setting it up on the Aggressor was a little tricky. Initially, I had difficulty with recocking. I appeared the striker wasn't travelling back far enough for the sear on the trigger to catch. I had to use a modified washer to make the striker buffer thinner. Then, recocking was less of an issue...... until I had to increase the operating pressure to get the velocity right, then recocking became a problem again. You didn't read it wrong, I was getting recocking problem as I INCREASED the pressure. I think the problem is the sear spring is too weak and so, is not returning the sear to the catch position as the striker glides over it, quickly enough. I think at the higher pressures, the striker is bouncing off the buffer and skipping past the sear before it can return to the catch position. I've already adjusted the solenoid so that the sear will stick out as far as possible. **** I used a shortened ball point pen spring as the sear return spring, and now, recocking at higher pressures is not a problem.****Also, the LCD is behaving weird. Also, a few times, the solenoid stuck in the release sear position. I think the electronics are starting to go. *********this problem may have been a low battery******** This is disappointing as I've been extremely careful regarding the upkeep of the marker and making sure paint/debris does not get into the grip.
A little disappointed. If I had to do it again, I would save the money I spent on the Storm frame, for a true electropneumatic. I don't think given the problems that I've had, that the Storm is worth it's price.
4 out of 10
Last edited on Saturday, October 25th, 2003 at 10:21 am PST