paintball

  Join pbreview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

  
Home     |      Paintball Articles     |      Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
pbReview.com / Comments on HoboJudge's Review / Comments on HoboJudge's Review / Comments on HoboJudge's Review / Comments on HoboJudge's Review / Comments on HoboJudge's Review

Comments on HoboJudge's Review

Jump to the Comments  |  Post a Comment  |  Dispute this Review  |  Return to the Reviews

HoboJudge Friday, June 20th, 2003
The accuracy of this review is disputed. Please see discussion below.
Period of
Product Use:
6 months29 of 136 people found this review helpful.

Paintball
Experience:
More than 5 years
Similar
Products Used:
Assorted Spyders, automags, autocockers, Viewloader Genesis.
Marker Setup: Minimag
Level 10 bolt
J&J 2 piece barrel
Ricochet AK
Eclipse Splash kit
Strengths: Better than nothing
Not too expensive
Weaknesses: unreliable
heavy/long trigger pull
Review: This gun gave me problems the first day I used it. The marker would shoot normally, then at a very low velocity, then I would have to recock it. I sent it in to Tippmann, and had to wait over three weeks to get it back. I eventually sold the marker, for loss. The person I sold it to notified me further problems developed a few months later. I had to repair it, at a further loss.
Conclusion: I would NOT recommend this marker. If you are a beginner, get a spyder or pirahna.
Rating:
3 out of 10
 

Review Comments
                            
Pages (4):  1  |  2  |  3  |  4
        Next Page
Shata Saturday, June 21st, 2003 | 9:48 am PST
what do u mean by long trigger pull... its like 2 mm. And its not heavy either, you're just weak
   

penguins_r_kewl Saturday, June 21st, 2003 | 4:00 pm PST
NooB
   

painter911 Tuesday, July 1st, 2003 | 4:15 pm PST
what trigger pull? you were probably out of gas.
   

pimpdragon75 Wednesday, November 5th, 2003 | 1:59 pm PST
hes played 4 over 5 years, how is he a noob
   

p8ntballrebel89 Sunday, December 14th, 2003 | 12:11 pm PST
amen pimpdragon...but its not a long trigger pull man, i sneezed once and i shot my friend in the leg and i was only 5 feet away from him.
   

pimpdragon75 Saturday, December 20th, 2003 | 2:28 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by p8ntballrebel89
amen pimpdragon...but its not a long trigger pull man, i sneezed once and i shot my friend in the leg and i was only 5 feet away from him.

why wasn't your condom on or plug in?
   

pantoloons Thursday, December 25th, 2003 | 9:53 pm PST
lol somebody could lose an eye that way
   

pimpdragon75 Sunday, January 18th, 2004 | 5:49 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by pantoloons
lol somebody could lose an eye that way

Ocular injuries are not the least bit humerous. Will it be funny when paintball is banned because some stupid noobs lose their eyes playing without masks? paintballers need to work to make the sport even safer than it already is. We already have a bad rep for using "guns" to "kill" people. You dont need to make it any worse by laughing and condoning people using gear improperly.
Last edited on Sunday, January 18th, 2004 at 5:50 pm PST
   

tango_down Thursday, February 26th, 2004 | 12:04 pm PST
Ya, people stopped calling it a paintball gun and refer to it as a marker. But why? It is still an object that launches projectiles at your human target. What we call it shouldn't matter. Just as long as the sport stays safe. It is safer than bowling after all.
   

kingman89 Saturday, March 13th, 2004 | 9:28 am PST
quote:
Originally posted by pimpdragon75


Ocular injuries are not the least bit humerous. Will it be funny when paintball is banned because some stupid noobs lose their eyes playing without masks? paintballers need to work to make the sport even safer than it already is. We already have a bad rep for using "guns" to "kill" people. You dont need to make it any worse by laughing and condoning people using gear improperly.

dude some lady here in california died from paintball because she took off her mask in the middle of play, stuck her head out while a dude ran by and shot her right in the eye from 2 feet away and it caused her eye to like explode and she died. thats why at the local kapp feild today, they are really anal about keepin your barrel plugs and sleeves on.
   

MassDriver Tuesday, March 16th, 2004 | 2:54 pm PST
unreliable... lol
   

p8ntballrebel89 Tuesday, April 6th, 2004 | 12:18 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by pimpdragon75


why wasn't your condom on or plug in?


sheesh, i completely 4got a/b that comment....anyways, why wasn't it on? well, my friend was the 1 who owned it not me, and he was just letting me shoot it a couple of times at this pond out in the woods. now if i remember (this was back in the summer of '03) my allergies were acting up that day. I had been just shooting at the water at tadpoles and dragonflies and my friend was like "ok it's my turn". so i was like "alright" and when i was walking over to him, with the gun pointed down, i felt a sneeze coming. Not wanting to sneeze all over poor Sean, i stopped and sneezed accidentally pulling the trigger. Sean screamed and for all i knew i hit Sean in the eye. But luckily, the C02 was low so it just hit him in the leg one inch away from "himself" and didn't even burst so i was very thankful.
Last edited on Wednesday, April 7th, 2004 at 2:11 pm PST
   

PB4841LVR Monday, April 12th, 2004 | 5:54 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by p8ntballrebel89


sheesh, i completely 4got a/b that comment....anyways, why wasn't it on? well, my friend was the 1 who owned it not me, and he was just letting me shoot it a couple of times at this pond out in the woods. now if i remember (this was back in the summer of '03) my allergies were acting up that day. I had been just shooting at the water at tadpoles and dragonflies and my friend was like "ok it's my turn". so i was like "alright" and when i was walking over to him, with the gun pointed down, i felt a sneeze coming. Not wanting to sneeze all over poor Sean, i stopped and sneezed accidentally pulling the trigger. Sean screamed and for all i knew i hit Sean in the eye. But luckily, the C02 was low so it just hit him in the leg one inch away from "himself" and didn't even burst so i was very thankful.



touching story
   

RubberDucky6904 Friday, April 23rd, 2004 | 9:19 pm PST
LOL UNRELIABE THATS GOOD!
   

paintballangel1 Friday, May 21st, 2004 | 12:05 pm PST
you gave me no INFO at all BAD REVIEW
   

bulls eye blown Thursday, May 27th, 2004 | 7:20 pm PST
Really man the tippmann series of guns are the most reliable and plus the reason for you not able to shoot it ,it was probably because u loosened your tank or u were out of air
   

hoody Sunday, May 30th, 2004 | 9:32 pm PST
it is reliable, but the gun sux in every other wy. the gun pull is hard too.
   

Hardtarget89 Thursday, June 10th, 2004 | 3:02 pm PST
OK buddy...if you rate it that low, you've messed with the gun itself. This gun is sick!
   

Fade2Black54 Sunday, June 13th, 2004 | 10:11 pm PST
when i got my 98 my trig pull was a little....stiff but with sum trig mods and a lighter seer pin you might beable to walk it no guarentees but i can but its only 10 bps

   

PeterTheGreat Monday, June 14th, 2004 | 5:27 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by LeftwardPie
ok here comes holmes to the rescue
first off.... you are a homosexual monkey humpin cow molestor
second... The 98 Custom doesn't have a hard trigger pull. Try going to a local YMCA and maybe doing some weights. In your case i would start off with a chip or two on a 5 pound bar.
third.... The 98 custom is the most reliable gun ever made you retard
fourth... you obviously havn't been playin this sport for 4 or 5 years cause you are a complete moron
fifth.... My bro has a 98 custom and it is the shizznat. I love his gun almost as much as i love my gun
sixth... PIRAHNA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA pirahna is the worst type of gun ever. I do like Spyders but a Tippy is more reliable EASILY
if i missed anything just tell me i am more than happy to get n00bs on track :)
love
LeftwardPie



What if he monkey or cow was a girl, what wold he be then?
   
                            
Pages (4):  1  |  2  |  3  |  4
        Next Page

Post a Comment
Please log in to your account to post a comment.

Not a member yet? Sign up now for free!

Return to the Reviews

Help / FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertising Info  |  Link to Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Top

Paintball Review

Copyright © 2000-2014 Hillclimb Media