Liberty Paintball -- Too many people go (a lot of them mean) and the refs do not seem even a bit interested in helping someone like me (a newb) and they dont pay much attention to you. Too expensive.
This is how my day went, and it was the highlight of my spring vacation.
1. I arrived there, with two other friends, we were the only ones there because we were so early. The staff quickly and efficiently rented all of us tippmann custom 98's and had us sign the waivers.
2. Next, we were kina assigned two refs for the day. First, we went to one of the woodball areas. It was a great area because it was a hill (one team starts at the bottom of one side, the other team on the bottom of the other side) so you couldnt see eachother at the beginning. It was kinda a race to get up the hill, but in my groups case, we had a free for all and one guy started in the middle (which wasn't as bad as you would think, i won when i was in the middle) The refs were very kind and kept an eye on all of us. We played the map a couple of times.
3. Next we moved to the pipe area, our favorite. It is very well constructed, but it was a little bit of a walk to get there. The map very versitile and can work for teams or free for all, which we played. we played on this one until lunch, when we ran out of half our case.
4. We ate lunch at the field which was very good:: they even took out the grilled for us. One of the refs that was with us grilled us some burgers and they were of very good quality. They also had chips:: only 50 cents! they had water, soda, but we didn't want to drink soda because that dehydrates you.
5. After lunch, we went to the other woods area, the bunker. Stupidly, we forgot our paint.
with three players, it was a 2 v 1 area. one person was in the bunker, while the other two attacked it (rushed it). I was in the bunker first and i won. It was very good. We switched positions but my friend in the bunker that game ran out of paint and we had to go back. On the way back, i accidentally forgot to put the saftey on and shot a paintball into the barrel plug. It splattered and clogged my barrel. We had to go back anyway.
6. When we came back, there were more kids there. three of them. We challenged them to a game (my group vs theirs) they had their own equipment so we thought we would be crushed by experts. We played them on the pipe field and even though they were good, we just lost to them 3 to 2. On the third game we lost, we were down one player because he ran out of paint and we had none more. in the last game, my other friend got shot and i ran out of paint, so we lost. After that, we were totally out of paint so we came back to the rental area and returned our equipment and left. This lasted all day
7. The thing that brought my review down a point: when i went the airball field was closed because of fierce winds the previou day, and overall, it was a little bit small.
But this was my best paintball experience yet, and i hear they are going to add more areas! thanks allyou staff at msg paintball, you are the best!