A very disappointing experience, only the food was a plus. The regulars must be the people rating this 8 or higher.
+ Good lunch
+ (maybe) Location if you live in Ventura County
- Lack of staff: 1 referee for 50 people?? They can't hire 1 more referee to run 2 games at once? What is the point of 50 people on a field 30-40' wide? The referee tried, but many people wiped off paint before any paint checks or were out of bounds(jungle). There seemed to be a lot of cheating by the regulars.
- Unhelpful/unfriendly staff: Some people in my group rented markers. A few markers didn't work and it took 3 tries to get them to fix/switch the marker.
- Expensive: $85 for 2000 balls? $50 for 1000 balls? $30 for park fee and air is disappointing considering the poor quality fields.
- Fields: Too small for 50 people if they are only going to run 1 game at a time. Jungle fields had poison oak. Village field was not safe with some objects protruding from the ground.
- No chronos checks
- Lack of organization: After the first 2 games, the entire group had to walk back so they could count how many ordered lunch. "Everyone that ordered lunch raise your hand." Apparently marking it down when people paid was too difficult. Also, the first two games they forgot the bands to mark teams.
Last edited on Monday, June 7th, 2004 at 3:42 pm PST