T2, arnold's indoor, outdoor, been to skorpion, and warzone.
First of all, i would like to update all the bad reviews with some updates. In response to YodaRules:
1. PAINT: Rollie(the jolly owner and operator) buys "good" paint now, Diablo stuff, just like all the other "real fields", so no more factory reject paint. If he gave you sh!tty paint it's prolly cuz you were being and a$$
2. iNFRSTRUCTURE: The "office" is still there, and it works just fine. Dont see what this problem is
3. BATHROOMS: The general is getting a sceptic system soon, so that you can take a crap in full comfort, geeze, what ever happened to nature?
4. GUNS: No more of the good old mirages, which he still has btw, now he's using premium Tippmann 98's with progressive barrels, very nice, and running on vert feed fokuses as well. A little note on this one, my cocker was being a beeotch one day (burst the cup seal), so i grabbed one of the fokuses and had a great day. Only two breaks all day, and i shot over 1000 balls. Barrel length doesnt matter for sh!t anyways
5. AIR: CO2 standard, plenty of it. The tanks are a little old, but pretty much indestructible. HPA is available upon request(call in advance), but only in 3000 psi fills. But this isnt a problem for me.
6. As for the rednecks, i dunno wtf he's talking about.
7. FIRING SQUAD: Nothing wrong with this. I would much prefer this than having some pr!c ref chew me out about how i'm a fvckin moron and then kicking me off the field. Let me tell you, once it happens once, everone makes damn sure that they're barrel plugs are in and their masks stay on. Safety is only good if everyone follows the rules. I've been at T2 and seen shots being popped off in the staging area and no one said anything at all, they didnt even notice. This way, everyone learns the rules. C'mon here guys, if you cant even follow simple directions, i think a little "reminder" is always a good idea.
8. Rollie knows a whole lot about paintball, hell, he's managed to maintain a field with 60+ guns that require maintenace and cleaning, for more than ten years. In this business, that is an accomplishment.
9. No YodaRules, the worst field you have ever been to is XTreme PowerBall.
and now K-Prime:
1.SAFETY: I would have to agree somewhat, sometimes the two panel fence bothers me, a chain link would help me sleep better, BUT, in all my time pballing there, i have never ever seen an accident because rollie takes an active approach in watching everyone. Safety is very important to me, and i would like to see a little more in the way of barriers, but once again, i have NEVER seen an accident happen, so something must be happening right
2.INSURANCE: I'm pretty sure he's insured now by an insurace company.
NOW FOR MY REVIEW
This field can easily accomodate large groups of 50. It's well equipped and has enough size.
The field is huge. At it's longest(the village), it probably approaches the length of a full football field, and maybe as wide.A speedball village in the middle, a castle for good scenarios, and a huge forest on the south side of the field that Rollie is expanding and digging foxholes and trench systems in. The grass is well cut and the field is always in good condition. Even the more advanced players are presented with a challenge, because there are plenty of places to hide in. I'm a pretty seasoned player, but i always get sniped by noobs that pop out at the last second.
The bunkers are made from old barnwood painted white, so there are plenty of cracks to get shot through, or to shoot through. It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're allowed to shoot through cracks BEFORE you start the game. Some of the buildings are on the verge of falling over, but Rollie always props em up with some more wood. Industrial barrels, trenches, tires, a half ton truck, a forest trail, a castle that is hard to attack and hard to defend, two bridges, and a full grown unkepmt forest provide enough variety for all style players.
Prices are AWESOME, period. For 45 bucks, you get a bag of diablo and all the equipment you need. Masks are in good shape, and the guns are very nice. If you have your own equpment, it's 40 bucks, for 500 balls! I always have fun whenever i go out to this field. There is always so much space to move around and try new moves out there.
As for the shack, i love the shack. It serves it's purpose.
Listen up little ones, this is the big boy talking now: this is the ultimate field. Nice people, always some good players there, everyone is willing to help you, not an impersonal field like some others. T2, and all those others, do not compare. This is an entirely different paintball experience.
i'm giving it a 9.5/10, but have to give it a ten because of this system, and to bring the rating up, cause 7.5 dosent do this field justice
btw, if you have a problem with rollie, challenge him to a one on one to settle it, he'll be ready for it before you, tell him JP sent your sorry a$$ for a beatin
peace out ppl, and try it before you bash it
Last edited on Monday, May 31st, 2004 at 5:54 pm PST