Velocity-great fields but no senario games
Weekend Warriors-ok, but cheap fields and outrageous paint prices for a field paint only place ($100!)
This is a good place to paintball. I went to the Crossroads senario game on june 26 & 27, so I didn't play each field seperately, they were combined into one gigantic field. It was fun. There are only three things that I didn't like about it, though
1. Paint was $65 a case if you pre registered, or $75 if you didn't, and it was an event paint only place.
2. People shooting really hot. There were guys that had welts that were so bad they broke skin! Fortunately, the refs for the game (Team Lakeside Mercinaries) would check someone with a mini chrono thing if a player asked them to or the refs saw it for themselves.
3. $5 for any sized CO2 fill up. I wasw going to get my tanks filled up on the way there, but forgot. On the website it said that all CO2 fills were $2.
There were a lot of good things about the place.
1. Big place, lots of different fields.
2. Lots of people (The Germans totally outnumbered the Allies)
3. A netted place at each teams base where they could take off there mask if they were elliminated or just too tired and needed to take a breather, with water.
4. Food at the field. There was a Carl's Jr. van that had burgers and fries and soda for a good price. Also an ice cream truck came around alot.
5. Lots of cool prizes given away. There were some hoppers, jerseys, gift certificates, 3 guns that I can't remember, a commando tippmann, a tippman with a ctock and bipod (these were 98s) and a BKO
I am deffinitely going to the next senario there on October 2&3. This time my dad is coming out to play and hopefully he will get into paintball so I won't have to buy all the stuff myself.
This is a great field, but the price of stuff makes it a 9 out of 10