Conquest - better
Hollywood Sports Park - expensive but still ok to play here once in a while
SC Village - good place but far for me
This is an updated review: So, I went back to this place 2 times since my first review and I had a great time both times. I marked updates with **update**
This place has 2 very small fields. I heard there is also speedball field but it wasn't open the day I went. I played as a walk-on and teams sizes are about 20-30 people on each side.
**Speedball was open this time. Games are quick so you can play alot. Fun to watch while waiting too.**
As long as I'm playing paintball I'm happy. The problem with this place is that you don't end up playing that much paintball. In a 5 hour span from 9:30AM - 2:30PM I played in all of the 5 games. That's 1 game per hour...yeah, pretty bad.
**Wait time inbetween games has improved! Back-to-back games like at Conquest would make it even better though.**
1. No such thing as "paint check" - I called for one in my first game but the ref didn't budge. It seems the refs here mainly only supervise and keep time. **Didn't bother calling for a paint check, so I don't know if this has changed.**
2. Fields are relatively small - not many opportunities to move around. Most of the time you stay in one place and have a shoot out. Out of the 5 games there was never a winner, time always ran out. **Not much has changed here**
1. Buy their patch for $10 and take $5 off admission every time you go. I actually bought one thinking I would come back. With the patch, this is place is a good deal if they can just squeeze a few more games in. **Wait time has improved.**
2. With patch: full day is $15, 1/2 day $10. All day air is $5 (though they only fill up to 2000 psi)
3. Fellow players are friendly. **Casual environment, staff is also friendly.**
Rating: 3 - mainly because of the SUPER SLOW turn around between games. The other stuff is minor as long as I'm actually PLAYING and not waiting.
**New rating 8, the wait time inbetween games is not so long anymore**
Last edited on Monday, January 17th, 2005 at 10:40 am PST