Splatterzone - Splatterzone is amazing compared to this one, its much cheaper, much cleaner, they let you bring your gun, the firing rate there is higher so theres a better chance you can bring your gun.. unfortunately for the residents of indianapolis and the surrounding areas, it closed, leaving us no hope but to attempt to get dark armies to fix their problems
where do i start, i've been to this place about 4 or 5 times and it never ceases to amaze me how much i get screwed by them, pardon my french.
1. its dark - darkness sucks, you can't see who's on ur team or on the other team, dont get me wrong, it can be fun but at dark armies, i might as well be playing blindfolded
2. its dirty - its definately slippery as of course every indoor field is, but when you walk in, you feel like you've been infected with some unknown disease, also when you rent guns or masks or w/e they just look dirty. this, among with the money factor, has lead me to purchase my own gun
3. expensive - it is definately expensive, i have here a price sheet that you get to make sure you get everything. i'll just list off the expense of a few ridiculous items.
a. 50 paintballs - $5
b. 200 paintballs - $18
c. to rent a semi auto gun (tippmann procarbine) - $10.50
d. Admission on a normal day - $29 for 2 hours, $22 for one hour, $35 for three hours, with walk ons being an extra five dollars on top of whatever hour increment you choose.
e. upgrades - they pretty much suck. if you have a 98 custom then your set. i mean, its a great gun already and your hundreds of miles ahead of some dude who rents the "ultimate" there. the "ultimate" consists of basically a procarbine or a cheap spyder with a keychain flashlight duct taped to the side and a $2 "red dot sight" on top. its pretty weak. the ultimate is $15 to rent
4. fps - 220 fps is the maximum. most guns don't go that low. you could throw a paintball faster than that. that is pretty much as slow as a 98 custom can go, trust me i've tried. with the higher fps requirements at other places such as 250 at splatterzone (which unfortunately closed) and i think 300 at gator pit, there is a better chance that your own gun will work on their field. this low fps is not for your safety as goggles will protect up to 320 fps, but rather so there is a much larger chance that you have to rent a gun from them and give them another 10 or 20 bucks.
5. dishonesty - one of the reviews up there was talking about how they got a blue coupon where you could get the standard package including admission for $8 (std. package maens pump gun , vest, mask, 50pballs) sometimes on saturdays and sundays they lower admission prices to $10 instead of 30 or w/e... so i walk in and im like "hey if i use this coupon will i get it for 8 instead of 19?" "oh no, that coupon doesnt include the std. package. so it will end up costing you more" "oh, ok, thanks for telling me" so i go on with my game dropping 50 or 60 bucks that day and on the way out the employees are laughing and im like "what?" "oh ya you couldve used that coupon, it wouldnt have cost u more" "well can i get a refund?" "oh no, you already played" so they ripped me out of like 50 bucks. so i wrote a letter to the manager and he's like "well thats too bad" and im like "i understand all the safety rules and regulations and i agree with them but, isnt the customer always right?" "oh no, not in paintball b/c what if someone takes off their mask? are they right?" "well i said i agree with the enforcement of the rules, but in terms of dishonesty among the employees, isnt the customer right?" "well, there havent been any complaints so i'll take action once there are" i was gonna respond with "well isnt THIS a complaint?" but you can't argue with stupid people, they'll just bring you down to their idiotic level and beat u with experience
in conclusion, if u walk on one day and decide to play patinball for 2 hours, that'll cost u 29 + 5 for walk on, then u rent a semi auto cause the pumps suck, add 10.50, plus say 100 pballs to be on the low side, add 10, with that alone, you are up to $54.50 for 2 hours. oh i forgot to remind you, as stated on their price sheet "Training time is part of playing time" which inevitably eats away at 30 mins of your ACTUAL playing time. leaving you with 90 minutes, $55 dollars poorer, a lot dirtier, probably infected with the SARS virus, crap, i forgot to add that walk on guns cost you $10 bucks anyway i mean wtf is that, dont most ppl buy guns to save the money that it costs to rent one? w/e this place is terrible, dont go there