Weekend Warriors (not nearly as good, and way overpriced BYOP)
Pirate's Grove (lame)
Thumbs up to Velocity. My review of Velocity Paintball in Ramona, Ca.
First off, my name is Alan. I am not an employee of Velocity, nor am I sponsored by them. Every time I go to velocity I have a great time. The players are all great. The staff is awesome, and they make sure that everyone plays safe and does not ruin the day for the rest of the players there. I am writing this to let those who have not came to my awesome home field know about what they are missing, and to let those who love the field as much as I do respond with their own praise and support for the field and its staff
1. Air Fills. I know that I have complained about this in the past, but I believe that Velocity has taken the criticism from the past and found a way to make the lines move faster. I don't know the guy's name, but the bigger/older blond ref that does the fills is now always back there. He is able to keep that whole area running smoothly, and I appreciate that even though he is an awesome ref too (One of the most active "rec field" refs I have ever played with).
2. Safety. They have gone out of their way to dig up tons of Eucalyptus trees to make perfectly even concept and air ball fields. I really don't have to worry about sprained ankles.
3. Fields. The new NPPL field is really fun. The X-Ball field is great too. I have to say that I will be sad though if they tear down little hyper ball to put the air ball field there, because I love that field.
4. Refs. Young, but always there when needed. They are helpful. Refs don't stall between games and ensure that even in the winter we get enough games in.
5. Price. I think the enjoyment I get there is worth $20, and I usually show up there at noon. 4 hours of play at $5 an hour is not bad when taking in account the quality of fields they have.
1. Distance from civilization. Ramona is the s7iXo|2zs.
2. Mud. There is mud quite often. The muddy conditions in the winter are actually better than the dusty dirt that is there in the summer (I get less dirty when the ground is muddy than when it is super dusty)
10 is for perfect and 5 is for average. I am not one who give everything I have or have done a 10. This field rocks, so it deserves a 8/10, just becasue there are 2 points that coudl be better.
Alan writing from Downtown San Diego.
Last edited on Wednesday, December 15th, 2004 at 2:52 pm PST