Field of Fire - ok, refs suck but the field is good
PB USA - Like CPP, there's a catch to ever coupon, and the refs are halfway decent
Went here for a friend's Bachellor party. I was pretty excited because i they had a rep come all the way out to Pasadena, where i go to school, and sell coupons. Well, the coupons expired, but I found another one at a local pro shop and i recommened the field for the party. When we get there, I was really, really disappointed. Here's why:
1. the sign in area looks like crap. I'm sorry, but you don't put fancy photos of your flyers and then have a reg. area that looks like it does. Very unprofessional.
2. The Owner doesn't really do anything but fill tanks and yell at players/refs who aren't following his precise rules. Case in point: at around 11am (my guys arrived at 8:45 to get in some early play time) we started our first game....with no refs. Why? There were three refs for two private parties and the walk ons, alltogether. That meant one ref per party, and one for about 30 walk ons.
I must say, the games we played without refs were some of the most fair and fun games i have ever played. There were about 14 of us, split into two teams, with an even number of experienced players on each team. very fair. What happened? The owner came and yelled at us for not having our ref with us, or not waiting for him...he then went to yell at the ref for "not doing his job"...all while he was helping out another ref set up for the private parties....my advice, if you're running a field with that much advertising, you better have more than 3 refs.
3. The fields weren't too bad, but since there were private parties playing, we were limited to what fields we could play at. This sucked!
4. Only about 15-20 rental guns, and some of them didn't even work.
5. The last games in which i took part were fairly big. We had about 50 some odd people on the trenches field and it was pretty fun. Yes, my gun wasn't working, but that didn't stop me. Here's the kicker, When i was walking out (i got out on the last game) i was clearly out of bounds and not a target (gun was over my shoulder, barrel cover is bright yellow), yet a few players took some pot shots at me....i may have been walking behind a firefight, but still, you don't get hit in the chest when the guy they're shooting at is below your feet...I had to run, scream "LET ME THROUGH, DEAD MAN!", in order to get by without further incident. BTW, the ref was about 20 feet infront of me, and said nothing. Worse yet, even though i liked this guy, there was a...well...beautiful young lady playing and when she got out, he gave her some pointers, then let her back in. That's just too much. I can safely say i'm never going back there again.
I'm not cold hearted enough to give a 1 rating, mainly because I know the refs were trying their hardest. They were very nice (the refs) as were the rest of the field staff. I just don't like the manager, the unorganized manner in which they set things up, and the fact that they advertise so much, yet have so very, very little. If you want to just go and play, go to Field of Fire.