panhandle paintball, haven't played there before I will in the future but due to cost and cleanliness it won't be my primary feild.
I went and played REAL paintball for the 1st time this last weekend... it was an absolute blast. it's only monday and i'm already giddy about going to play again next sat.
-the guys that play there where all adults and acted the part, not cheating, no "big talk" no "trash talk" and none of the childish cursing that i've noticed when sitting around other fields... they where all very helpful with any issues that came up from talking to a few guys thats the norm not the exception.
-very clean feilds, very little trash, the nets are hung VERY well and the feilds are setup nicely... they are stil working on 2 of them but we only played the speedball feild it seemed very well setup and fair from both sides, look forward to getting some time out in their woods ball feilds one of these times.
-the guy that ran the feild was there because he enjoyed the game, any questions and he was happy to help (for note he's the SUPER short guy playing w/ the stock class phantom... 1st game out he goggled me w/ his banana smelling paint).
- price... to play it's FREE... all day air is $6 and paint is inexpensive (more-so if you buy it by the case) although you can bring your own and, rentals are $25 for the day and Includes marker, mask, hopper with 200 paintballs, and all day air... they also have spare co2 and HPA tanks if you need.
- they are still fairly new, there was only 6 people out there this last week, the week before i'm told it was 16 "coming and going" they played 4vs4 most of the day they said.... but i'm also told that turn out is far better starting in fall when the heat and humidy drop a bit.
- sandy... its FL... go figure it's sandy just like the rest of panama city.
- they only officaly meet/play once a week... every sat at noon... you can play when you want on the feilds but that requires knowing enough people to play... and you can only play as long as your air lasts
- must be military, dependent, or know one to get you onto the base to be able to play, kind of limits who plays (which as noted in the good section isn't always a bad thing)
overall i'd say the good far outweighs the bad... what you spend at the other local field just to play costs as much as you'd spend on a bag of paint and all day air at tyndall.
i plan to play as offten as i can, in a way them only playing on sat keeps me from spending so much $$$ on paint playing the rest of the week i suppose.
don't be scared to play just because you feel you have sub par equipment... when i was out there equipment varried a lot from the low end old spyders, to angels, to cockers, to stock class pumps... if you don't have anything then rent :)
if you are in the area or will be here for TDY or something come join us... ever sat at noon for more info or any questions look over at www.tyndallpaintball.org.
hope to see you there... i'll be the fat non military guy having a blast :)