ok, now first of all this is that only actual organized game that i have been to. so, i cannot compare and contrast this feild with others.
Thier are a couple of things you need to know about this feild and it's owner.
1. I have done my research on prices in my local area (st.louis, MO region) for milsim or scenario games. If you can find better prices just let me know cuase i would love to see it. His feild paint is almost the same price as paint from internet stores. He throws a free BBQ friday before you play. Also has a free pancake breakfast sunday mornin before you play. As most feilds that host scenario games he also has free camping.
2. If you and mark can't get along, well then you can't get along with anyone. He is absolutley the nicest, most help, and willing to answer any question that you have.He will listen to you on how you would like to play.
3. The feild is so nice. Thier are a total of five or six bases. Some are nicer than others, but all are really neat. Sat com, which is up ontop of a hill is two stories tall. it has many fox holes that are dug into the ground around it. For the attackers thier are bunkers as you go up the hill. As far as terrian thier is everything that you could possibly imagine. The trails very nice and cut down and wore so that it is easy to stay on them if you get lost and you will find something, either a base, your HQ, or the oposing team. If you go to the smakzone web site they have feild pics that you can look at that are very helpful, but they do no justice to the field.Mark is always upgrading his feild. from the day that i read the forums on his site (4 months before his Operation Eminent Storm IV) Thier was a new base come time to play.
4. the atmoshpere has to the best. If you have ever just went in the woods behind someone's house and played, that is the atmosphere that you will encounter here. The friday before the game i met so many helpful, nice and respectful people that it is crazy. It seems like no matter if you are a seasoned vetern or a brand new player everyone will pitch in to make sure that you have a good time. One thing that I really enjoyed at marks feild is that in the breifing that our general gave us, he told us that if we were run and gun players that enjoyed slinging alot of paint that was fine. That if we were here to run mission that was fine also. He told us that if we just wanted to go into the woods and just shoot poeple that was fine here also. He didn't push us to do anything that we didn't want to. He just said have fun. I have heard from other poeple that have played at many other scenario games that thier generals would make them do some mission. well not here you do what you want as far as the whole style of play.
5. the night game is awesome. Their is a generator located in the playing feild that controls certain lights strung throuhgout the feild which you can control and turn the lights off if your team would like.
thier is one thing that mark doesn't ask, he tells. That is saftey and honesty. If you read his rules on his site it even says in nice big capital letters "if you are prone to cheating or unsafe play of any kind, YOU ARE NOT WELCOME AT THIS FIELD. " I think that, that says it all. His ref in play (RIP) works very nice. If you would like to have fun, meet new people, and enjoy the sport of paintball for the first time thier is no better place in my opinion. If you are a seasoned vetern and want a competitive game then you might want to check out this feild. If we were rating feild this would get a ten.