paintball

  Join pbreview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

  
Home     |      Paintball Articles     |      Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
pbReview.com / Comments on wc4122's Review / Comments on wc4122's Review / Comments on wc4122's Review / Comments on wc4122's Review / Comments on wc4122's Review

Comments on wc4122's Review

Jump to the Comments  |  Post a Comment  |  Dispute this Review  |  Return to the Reviews

wc4122 Saturday, December 31st, 2005
The accuracy of this review is disputed. Please see discussion below.
Period of
Field Use:
Just once
Date There: July 13th, 2005
Paintball
Experience:
3 years
Other Fields
in the Area:
memphis paintball park
Review: I play Memphis paintball park a lot... yea it is expensive but with the membership (came with the ion i bough from ez paintball) it isn't so bad paint is 70 per case for me and i get in free + i got an air sticker (40$ lasts a year [i think]) so all i have to pay for is paint ..... whoever made that course put a ton of work into it it is well made and planned out.... some of the bunkers in Hernando seemed like they would fall over after about 200 more shots but here are the two things that made Hernando seem like a terrible park

1. my friend was shot twice very hard... one broke (made a hole in) his shirt sleeve and when he told the ref, the ref just shrugged.

2. the refs did nothing. nothing. they didn't care slightly about masks, i saw a man get hit and within 3 seconds he had his mask off...... maybe he didn't know that it was highly possible for him to be hit again. one guy was so annoyed about the ignorance of the refs that he asked the ref to give him the orange vest that the ref wore and let him ref the game.

to the conclusion......... that park should be closed down .... ill admit they had a few ok courses *pretty good air ball as well but refs are as good as a paintball mask with no lens
 

Review Comments
bigolcatfish7 Thursday, January 5th, 2006 | 6:09 pm PST
Yea well you must Suck. Yea u suck. u suck badly. I been there the past few weeks and everyday I here the refs say put ur masks and barrel plugs in every five seconds.

the guy who took his mask off did so knowing he might get shot nad im sure if a ref was on that feild he told him to put his mask on anyway he should have listened to Pino's safety speach he got b4 he went and played.
   

wc4122 Monday, January 16th, 2006 | 11:23 am PST
I quote
" Yea well you must Suck. Yea u suck. u suck badly. I been there the past few weeks and everyday I here the refs say put ur masks and barrel plugs in every five seconds.

the guy who took his mask off did so knowing he might get shot nad im sure if a ref was on that feild he told him to put his mask on anyway he should have listened to Pino's safety speach he got b4 he went and played."

well besides presenting yourself as an ignorant redneck, as far as i have seen your statements are inacurate. and what the hell does the statement "Yea well you must Suck. Yea u suck. u suck badly." prove, or even mean? you need to go have a reality check and then go get an education
   

longlostballer Tuesday, January 17th, 2006 | 12:58 pm PST
Just to let you know, you're a terrible liar. Before you try to slam a field, at least visit it. The date you claimed you were there was July 13. Well guess what, July 13 was a WEDNESDAY!! CHF isn't open during the week, only the weekends. Next time you plan on lying in your review, at least check the dates on your calendar.
Last edited on Tuesday, January 17th, 2006 at 12:59 pm PST
   

Jaredistheman Tuesday, January 17th, 2006 | 1:51 pm PST
Mmmm.........OWNED!!!
   

wc4122 Saturday, January 28th, 2006 | 6:08 pm PST
do you realley think that i would remember when i went... to the exact day? my date was aproximate. i realley went, and to prove that i wasen't "slamming" the field my friend who goes there a lot told me that the staff is gettign better. also i am giveing the park another try tommorrow *Sunday *12:00-5:00 i think. you have no reason to say that i want to talk bad about the park besides that i couldn't tell you the date that i went there, 5 months later. nonetheless, the refs were horrible
   

wc4122 Wednesday, February 1st, 2006 | 10:26 pm PST
i recently returned to Hernando.
the refs were much better, but in short supply.

very good airball, accept for its major drainage issues... but paintball is a messy sport sometimes.

the refs were good about masks and plugs, but didn't help as much as i had wished with sorting out the teams, game organization, course boundaries, etc..

the woodsball courses left much to be desired. Most of the courses seemed very unbalanced (one side had major geographical advantages). a lot of them were wood pallets with a small sheet of metal attached, leaving holes to be shot through and not standing very sturdily. my friend actually ran up to a bunker and it fell over, although it was a funny sight it shouldn't happen.
it had a VERY GOOD pipes course which was probably the highlight of the day.

Another annoying but insignificant issue was a long wait time trying to pay to get in. it was one older woman and she seemed to be having trouble with the computer or something, i couldn't really figure out what was taking so long...

also they only had one phone line which meant that she could not run my credit card until whomever was using the phone got off which was a drag.

TO THE CONCLUSION <B/> all in all the park was a much better experience, my only real complaint is that many of the courses should be partially or completely re-done so that neither team has an advantage because of how the course is designed
   

jewboy Saturday, April 1st, 2006 | 7:46 am PST
Referee

1: (sports) the chief official (as in boxing or American football) who is expected to ensure fair play.
In my opinion, the refs should not have to help with game organization, sorting the teams,etc. unless the players request it. Their only job is to enforce safety rules and fair play.
If you only knew all the crap that the refs take from everyone down there. I know because I used to be one. Players come down every weekend and do stupid stuff like run/jump into the airball bunkers(on purpose), take their masks off in a game, and then they yell at the refs for being stupid. You can only tell a person "put in your barrel plug" or "keep your mask on" so many times before it gets old. Some of the people that do these things already know not to do them, yet they do them anyways. They're just dumb people. So just give the refs a break.
   

oldman34 Monday, August 28th, 2006 | 3:42 am PST
Dispute:
Please, your review is pathetic. From the very start of it you were biased against CHF. You told us how great MPP was then slammed CHF. If people taking their masks off and not using barrel plugs bothers you then why dont you correct them? If you think someone is shooting too fast then have them chronoed, or even still, dont play with them. The refs are there to enforce the rules as best as they can. If refs say too much to them then they complain to the manager, if they dont say enough people slam them on the internet. You said you like BYOP, if you think the fields need upgrading then why dont you start buying your paint, air, and markers from them instead of EZ? Things like field upgrades cost money. You played at CHF only ONCE!!! Yet you say they should be shut down? Try playing there 3 or four times, then if you have a problem, take it up with the owner. Dont come down here from MPP and slam CHF because you had one bad experience there (if what you say happened is true). Some people base where they let their kids play from reviews like yours. If they dont come to the park because of a poorly thought out and biased review like yours, then they (CHF) cant make the revenues to upgrade the fields. In the future you should think before you write.

   

oldman34 Monday, August 28th, 2006 | 3:55 am PST
quote:
Originally posted by wc4122
i recently returned to Hernando.
the refs were much better, but in short supply.

very good airball, accept for its major drainage issues... but paintball is a messy sport sometimes.

the refs were good about masks and plugs, but didn't help as much as i had wished with sorting out the teams, game organization, course boundaries, etc..

the woodsball courses left much to be desired. Most of the courses seemed very unbalanced (one side had major geographical advantages). a lot of them were wood pallets with a small sheet of metal attached, leaving holes to be shot through and not standing very sturdily. my friend actually ran up to a bunker and it fell over, although it was a funny sight it shouldn't happen.
it had a VERY GOOD pipes course which was probably the highlight of the day.

Another annoying but insignificant issue was a long wait time trying to pay to get in. it was one older woman and she seemed to be having trouble with the computer or something, i couldn't really figure out what was taking so long...

also they only had one phone line which meant that she could not run my credit card until whomever was using the phone got off which was a drag.

TO THE CONCLUSION <B/> all in all the park was a much better experience, my only real complaint is that many of the courses should be partially or completely re-done so that neither team has an advantage because of how the course is designed
The refs job isn't to tell you how to divide up your teams. If they took the time to do that then they cant enforce safety rules, you know the ones you complain aren't being enforced? Maybe the bunker fell over because your friend ran INTO it, not up to it. If they are too rigid the someone could get hurt. If the issue was insignificant the why mention it? Sometimes things go wrong. You should volunteer for a few weekends and see what it is like trying to run a field. Then you will see the effort that goes into that field, with a very limited budget. If CHF started making it FPO, and charging more for field fee then you would probably complain about it being to expensive. Of course the money would be there to make all the changes you feel are necesssary. The only reason you posted any type of correction was because the people at the field know who you are. I just cant believe that you would return to a field that you said "SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN..." wasnt that bad after all was it? Probably cheaper to play at CHF.
   

oldman34 Monday, August 28th, 2006 | 4:03 am PST
quote:
Originally posted by wc4122
I quote
" Yea well you must Suck. Yea u suck. u suck badly. I been there the past few weeks and everyday I here the refs say put ur masks and barrel plugs in every five seconds.

the guy who took his mask off did so knowing he might get shot nad im sure if a ref was on that feild he told him to put his mask on anyway he should have listened to Pino's safety speach he got b4 he went and played."

well besides presenting yourself as an ignorant redneck, as far as i have seen your statements are inacurate. and what the hell does the statement "Yea well you must Suck. Yea u suck. u suck badly." prove, or even mean? you need to go have a reality check and then go get an education


Oh I see....they are ignorant rednecks for saying you suck. Well now I see why you are so hard on CHF. You come from Memphis where you think you guys are better than us "rednecks". That is why your opinion is so bad of CHF, you think you are better than the players there. Ok, well at least we got that out in the open. Why are they ignorant rednecks anyway? Becasue they called you names? By your standard you are an ignorant redneck who needs an education too, since you resorted to insults the same as they did. Please feel free to post another poorly thought out review or comment, I enjoy them so much.
   

oldman34 Monday, August 28th, 2006 | 4:07 am PST
quote:
Originally posted by wc4122
do you realley think that i would remember when i went... to the exact day? my date was aproximate. i realley went, and to prove that i wasen't "slamming" the field my friend who goes there a lot told me that the staff is gettign better. also i am giveing the park another try tommorrow *Sunday *12:00-5:00 i think. you have no reason to say that i want to talk bad about the park besides that i couldn't tell you the date that i went there, 5 months later. nonetheless, the refs were horrible

Well you would think you could remember the date exactly since you obviously had no trouble remembering anything else about CHF. (Coincidentally they were all bad things) If you will see a comment I posted earlier (ignorant rednecks) everyone can see why you want to talk bad about CHF.
   

snipr08 Saturday, September 2nd, 2006 | 6:59 pm PST
quote:
Originally posted by wc4122
i recently returned to Hernando.
the refs were much better, but in short supply.

very good airball, accept for its major drainage issues... but paintball is a messy sport sometimes.

the refs were good about masks and plugs, but didn't help as much as i had wished with sorting out the teams, game organization, course boundaries, etc..

the woodsball courses left much to be desired. Most of the courses seemed very unbalanced (one side had major geographical advantages). a lot of them were wood pallets with a small sheet of metal attached, leaving holes to be shot through and not standing very sturdily. my friend actually ran up to a bunker and it fell over, although it was a funny sight it shouldn't happen.
it had a VERY GOOD pipes course which was probably the highlight of the day.

Another annoying but insignificant issue was a long wait time trying to pay to get in. it was one older woman and she seemed to be having trouble with the computer or something, i couldn't really figure out what was taking so long...

also they only had one phone line which meant that she could not run my credit card until whomever was using the phone got off which was a drag.

TO THE CONCLUSION <B/> all in all the park was a much better experience, my only real complaint is that many of the courses should be partially or completely re-done so that neither team has an advantage because of how the course is designed


you need to go again. i play there almost every month so i know that alot of the stuff u say is s**t. Second of all they are actually highly stocked with refs that do a great job and do enforce all rules and team-play, etc. , ya-now everything u said they didn't. Thirdly, they have put in new speedball fields, built a castle on ambush, fixed up all the fields and all the other stuff u said they should of done. And they did that stuff around the middle-end of 05' check your self u dishing the wrong field, refs, and players in general. Oh, and by the way longlostballer tottaly burned ur A$$.
Last edited on Saturday, September 2nd, 2006 at 7:01 pm PST
   

cockerman dan Wednesday, November 25th, 2009 | 12:14 am PST
This review is ridiculous. Very little pertinent information given, very obvious plug for Memphis Paintball Park, which is most certainly a very nice field, but if you want to complement Memphis, write about it in its own review. The information you share here us useless for people looking for information on CHF.
   

Post a Comment
Please log in to your account to post a comment.

Not a member yet? Sign up now for free!

Return to the Reviews

Help / FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertising Info  |  Link to Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Top

Paintball Review

Copyright © 2000-2014 Hillclimb Media