Cobra Command Paintball Park (9 out of 10) - I feel that this is a much better field. This is irregardless that I am sponsored by them. The courses are much better.
Del Hobbies (9 out of 10) - Very good place to play. Good fields and good refs. But kinda far, nonetheless great place.
Paintball On the Fly (7 out of 10) - A decent place to play. Has a 4-man indoor. Very clean and run very well. But now that Cobra has an indoor 5-man and not a 3-man anymore as well as there future exspansion, I'd say that Cobra is a better place to play.
Capt 'N' Carls (8 out of 10) - Has some nice outdoor fields. From what I remember it was run fairly smooth. I heard that they might be getting an indoor reball course, but dont quote me on it...If they do that might be something for any player to check out.
I was at the facility for a recent tournament. And the following was my experience:
- The field is a hampster cage...literally. Absolute worst terrain to try and move on, as well as dangerous, with exposed poles placed throughout the course.
- The refs acted very unprofessional, which resulted in the tournament taking 14 and a half hours. This is completely unacceptable.
- The refs were either unexperienced and/or new and/or just bad. A response I got from one as to why he didnt check a player was because the ref didnt feel like getting shot.
- Paint was posted on their website that it was going to be $45. When I got to LVP they charged $60. Once again, unacceptable.
- Checking a gun for bounce is an acceptable thing to do, but when it is 2-3 guns this prolongs the time of the tournament and wastes paint, which was already high in price.
- Customer Service was a little on the lacking side.
- The preparation took for this tournament took way too long. The captains meeting was SUPPOSED to start at 8:30, but it just so happened got pushed back to 9:30.
- There was a very limited amount of energy drinks and food available. I know this may not seem like an important enough point, but when there is supposed to be 22 teams of atleast 4 guys...thats 88 people. This is not including spectators, alternates, staff. If it were me running this then I wouldve made sure that there would be enough of a supply of refreshments to please the maximum amount of people that would be allowied in the facility.
- The turnaround time inbetween games lasted a few minutes, which may not seem alot, but when there is 154 games, time tends to add up.
- The knowledge of the refs seemed to limited when it came to penalization. For instance, when the game is about to start, your ARM is what signals the start of a game. Not when you say GO! Also the refs need to learn when to pull players for the correct penalization. Like when a player is hit, and he is WAITING (not shooting) for a ref to check him, you have to check him for the hit that he claims to have. YOU DO NOT PULL ANOTHER ONE OF HIS PLAYERS because the person that claims to have been hit has to wait for the ref to check him!
- The space set for the teams would not have even been adequate had there been 15 teams.
- The air compressors worked well, they gave me no trouble at all.
- Thats about it.
If you ever consider to come here just be prepared for the worst. I will never come back for many reasons, some of which aren't listed. Take in mind this is all my opinion.
Last edited on Monday, January 30th, 2006 at 5:19 pm PST
I read the above comments. I looked at all the posts and I don't see anywhere that the paint was listed for $45 a case so i don't know where you got for the tournament. I know they sell white box for that much during regualar play. As far as food goes yes there was some food there, but also there is a pizza place they deal with and you could of ordered anything that you wanted. The cooler was packed with drinks as well. Just to let you now that things are just peoples opinions.
Actually, when i got there, me as well as many others were under the impression that paint for the tournament was $45 a case....not $60. When pizza was ordered it caused the tournament to run much slower than should be acceptable anywhere. And i dont know what you definition of packed is, but when there was this many people it shouldve had a sufficient amount of everything, cause i found out that the energy drinks ran out quickly. The only reason i needed energy drinks was because there would be a 2 hour period between games that we played.