Skirmish - Disneyland of paintball, but can also be really disorganized and slow playing
Poco Loco - Sucks
Splatter (before they shut down) - Just OK
This is a case of the good the bad and the ugly.
The good :
- I like the airball setup and the particular items they've chosen to place on their fields.
- The owner/manager is great with customer service.
- They seem to pack a lot into a small building
- Wood chips are safe to fall on
- Shop has some decent gear
- Rental equipment is pretty good
- Relatively cheap paint
The bad :
- The wood chips are tough to run on, no grip, you slide around.
- Some dangerous stuff on the fields, exposed pipes, etc.
- Disorganized. Guys just standing around waiting to play. Refs not taking charge.
- 15 bucks an hour with a 15 dollar minimum to fix guns? Skirmish fixed my gun and my buddies gun for free, we tipped the techs, but still.
- Mostly kids playing. I don't particularly mind this overall, but it can be tedious. Where's the 20 somethings?
- No balance in games. You had 5 kids with Intimidators and Angles vs 5 newbies with rentals. WTF? It's like me picking a fight with an 8th grader.
- No storage area. You just leave your gear in an open area upstairs where any 16 year old punk could come and grab it. Build some cheapo lockers or something!
The Ugly :
- Refs : This deserves it's own section.
- One ref to 12 players? You should probably have more than 1 per field.
- Especially when the one ref starts the game and hides behind his shield while he talks to his buddy outside the net. That is absolutely unacceptable. Not looking at the field, not checking players, not looking for wipers, etc. WTF is that? Luckily I wasn't playing on that field, or I would have shot the ref myself for screwing around. It's bad for safety, it's bad for quality of game play, it's bad for customer service. HORRIBLE. Honestly I wanted to say something to the ref and tell him to get his ass in gear, but I didn't want to get thrown out.
- No voices on them. You couldn't always tell when the game started, they couldn't make themselves heard across the din.
- No running or hustling for calls. Just lazy in general.
- No safety enforcement outside the nets. Guys walking around with no barrel socks, guys dry firing in the upstairs area, I put my mask on basically the whole time because of this.
I don't mean to harp on the refs, but holy god are these guys just bad. If they had these guys running a tourney no wonder the other guy on this site killed their performance. Reffing is an easy job. Goggles, barrel socks, no wiping, check players. On small fields like they have you don't even need to run much. Refs play such a huge part in the game. You get a good ref and you have a much better chance of playing good games.
Overall this place has a lot of potential, but falls short.
- GET A NEW FLOORING SURFACE. Turf, field turf, rubber mats, something else.
- GET NEW REFS. Or kick the butts of the ones you have.
- ENFORCE SAFETY. 14 year olds with Timmy's walking around with no barrel socks is a recipe for disaster.
Basically it's for kids and people who don't want to drive to Skirmish or Poco or some other place.
Yea I wasn't gonna write a review about this place but it's really frustrating when you spend your hard earned money to have fun and end up at a lousy place like lvp. If you're into torney style play, Outlaw paintball in Manhiem has team practice day every Sunday. $15 byop. Most of the players are twenty something and the reffs are always on top of you.
i play there quite a bit and have never had problems liek this. yes, a lot of times the refs will use the shields during big games, but it doesnt mean they are hiding. they catch me wiping all the time lol. that newer ref w/ the glasses always catches me... idk how he does it.
they have lockers outside the field on the first floor fyi
Yeah, the only positive review is the guy who admits whiping paint. What a pole smoker. I don't care if the ref is a wimp and uses a shield during a big game(even though this guy was using a shield during a 4 on 4 game). I just want them to ref hard.
The place has a ton of potential, they just need to get a new floor surface and refs who really care about customer service. I used to HATE indoor, but I played some great places out west that turned me on to it.
The problem is for someone living in Alburtis I have really limited options. Skirmish is cool, but you can't really afford to go there often, plus when it's cold all that sitting around and disorganization KILLS you. When it's a beautiful day I can take the hour long lunches and idiot refs getting lost on the field, but not when it's inclement. It's either Skirmish, poco loco, the place up in Bushkill which is trash, or go to Jersey.