Don't use the google map that they provide on this site...well at least for me it took me through some back dirt road with all sorts of people's houses and no trespassing signs. We detoured around it and found our way easily enough, but I don't know what was up with those directions. Use mapquest or something.
Well, it was my first time at Gator and I have to say I'm impressed by the size of the field and the bunker set ups on the field. They have a lot of great fields to play on and plenty of places to hide even though it does get a little bit crowded for rec ball. I would have liked to have gotten more sup air in, but we only got to play that at the end of the day, which was the best part by far.
There was a little incident when I was there. Someone apparently stole someone else's tank right out of the pro shop. The owner searched through everyone's bags to try to find it for the guy, but I'm not sure he had any luck or if the tank ended up just being misplaced. I don't really know. So anyway, on to the pros and cons.
1. Tons of fields, they also tend to incorporate fields together to create a little bit more fun.
2. Nicely kept sup air fields. Love the grass fields. Bunkers needed a bit more inflating though.
3. Friendly service, no one seemed to have an attitude or anything.
4. Prices are about the same as everywhere else so it's reasonable.
5. Lots of places to sit with tables and they have spickets to help wash your equipment clean.
6. Refs were helpful and did paintchecks when they could.
7. Fill your own air...so awesome, no lines.
1. Took a bit of time to get some of the games going.
2. No Chrony set out, you have to wait for a ref to help you, which isn't a big deal but can be a problem if you need to tune your gun.
3. Walk on's only seem to get to play air ball in the last hour or so of the day (which is fine for most rec players, but I love sup air)
4. When trying to buy something it was kind of hard to get help, but if you speak loudly enough they'll help you.
5. The refs allow people to shoot before the game starts. One game I got pelted right in the barrell like a minute before the game started. Honestly gator is not the only field around that allows this, but it's starting to really get on my nerves...
Overall I would give Gator a 8 out of 10. It has tons of fields and a decent staff. The cons I placed are more gripes than anything. Overall it was a good field and will go again.
2. No Chrony set out, you have to wait for a ref to help you, which isn't a big deal but can be a problem if you need to tune your gun.To be honest there is a chrono set up, its near the shooting range. just have to look