Hello, My name is Sheldon Danley owner of Wanna-Play Paintball. I do not usually post here but I feel it is necessary to give my side of the story pertaining to the last 3 posts.
1) At WPP we give "Safety Presentations" throughout the day. This is announced over the PA system. It is the players responsibility to attend.
2) When the group of young men in question arrived they expressed that they were going to practice with another team "Punisher Punks" . In this situation most teams ref themselves and are responsible.
3)After the Punks left the group continued to play by themselves and never requested to join in with the Recreational Players who are ALWAYS reffed, nor did they ask for someone to ref their games.
4) One of my lead referees came to me and said he had to confront them about wearing their goggles to which some of them made some smart comments. We have a Zero Tolerance rule for not wearing goggles but he cut them some slack and gave them a second chance.
5) About an hour or so later another referee came to me and said not only were they not wearing their goggles but that they were shooting into the air with no eye protection on.
6) Only then did I approach them in a not so friendly manner and told them they were packing up and heading out. I may not have directed my frustration at the correct individuals ( To those players I apologize) But my point was that regardless what one fields rules are does not mean that it applies to all fields (ie. WPP) The ages of the players had no bearing on my reaction. Be it 15 or 51 if your not going to be safe then you will be asked to leave.
7) Some of what they said is true. Our netting is in bad shape due to winter and the NEW netting is coming Wed. Our fields are well taken care of and our staff takes a lot of pride in what they bring to the customers.
8) Finally I would like to let each one of these individuals know I have no hard feelings towards them and wish them well in our Young Guns tournament this weekend. I just ask that they as well as every other player "PLAY SAFE" or it will lead to the end of Paintball for everybody.
I'm with ya all the way man. I agree with the ones that I can dispute on. Basically 1 and 7. They go over everything before you start the day. The refs are professional and the netting was perfectly fine for me when I was there. My team is going to be playing at your wpp series this year as Killer Instinct. C'ya there.