Antioc field, midway, Area 51, sherwood, and some others outa state.
Ive been playin this field for 8 years and its by far 1 of the best in california. Its great because its 65 acres of swamp and eucalyptus groves, tons of cover and the diversity of areas to play. Speed ball, air ball, rec ball and you usualy can play the whole woods ball field, which is about 40 to 45 acres, theve got it all. The pro shop has a great tech, and the supplies are reasonabley priced.
But there very strickt on safety, u dont follow rule u get kicked off the field and go home. And the rules are rather easy, Keep mask on while on the field, and barrel plug in at all times till on the field. See very easy.
the only complaint i have is the Hornets, theve been cheatin since day 1 and itll never change. i know about 8 of em, there pretty cool guys. but they do have quite a few little a**es on there team. The secret is bonus ball em till they give up or shoot em in the face. If it rains before ur gonna play there i suggest bring water proof boots cause ur gonna be knee deep in nasty mud and water. The field gets a 9 but the hornets get a zero. And there lots of blood thirsty sketers, so be prepaired to get bit.
Last edited on Wednesday, May 31st, 2006 at 5:49 pm PST
Let me give a few facts here...
1) the Hornets are NOT a team - they are more of a club of field regulars. Although there is a tourny "squad" forming, the Hornets as a group do not play in tournaments.
2) There are more than 3000 Hornets, (thats counting everyone who has signed up over the last 15 years), with about 200 current regulars. With that many people, there are bound to be some jerks who just want to look cool at the expense of others. They are a minority. 95% of the Hornets are just regular rec players who have chosen the Jungle as their home field.
3) Hornets as a group do not cheat. There are some INDIVIDUAL Hornets who have decided to play that way. I am of the opinion that some (not all) of the cheating stories arise because Hornets all wear the same shirt , so are difficult to tell apart in the heat of a firefight. When one Hornet moves into a postion that was recently occupied by an eliminated team-mate, some walk ons are not aware that this is NOT the guy they were shooting at before, so they think that they are being cheated.
4) The Hornets usually (but not always) win the "Beezwax" game. This is NOT due to systematic cheating, but because unlike the walk-on team, Hornets are organized, communicate well, have a plan & follow it & have an established command structure to maintain on-field stratagy. The walk on team is just a large mob, easily rounded up & destroyed by a smaller, better organized force.
5) The Hornets can be easily beaten IF THE WALK ONS APPOINT A TEAM LEADER, GET ORGANIZED & FOLLOW ORDERS. Otherwise the Hornets will win all the time.
6) In 15 years, I have seen more cheating at the Jungle by walk ons (usually speedballers) than I have ever seen by the Hornets.
7) I am proud to be a Hornet, and I HAVE NEVER WIPED - EVER.