I have played at Jim Thorpe Skirmish USA , EMR, Liberty paintball. and other's and in comparison to these other fields. they match up pretty good. except for the fact that there are no structure or buildings of any typeonly because the park is based on pine lands and the laws prohibit any strutre of any kind unless they were there already.
Directions to the Field:
South on RT. 73 berlin circle continue southfor 4mininutesmake right on florance road.
There are two ways to play at Picasso Lake. First is a rental package which consists of a semi-automatic paintball marker (usually a spyder), face and eye protection, unlimited CO2 fills all day, and 500 rounds of field paint. This package will cost you $60 for the entire day*. The second way to play is using your own equipment. With your own equipment, you will receive entry to all day* play and unlimited CO2 or HPA fills. A refundable deposit is required for your armband. The price is $25 plus a $5 refundable deposit. The good thing about choosing this option is that you may choose to bring your own paint, where other local fields require field paint only.
Lunches can be provided at an additional charge. ALL non-field markers MUST be chronographed at no more than 300FPS.
* A day's play is generally 8am to about 4pm.
* There are NO alcoholic beverages of any kind allowed on premises.
* Good Sportsmanship conduct is expected at all times.
* If your gun shoots "HOT", corrective measures will be enforced.
* Wreckless play will not be tolerated.
* Any persons not abiding by general rules of the field may be ejected from the field for their own safety and/or the safety of others.
* Goggles/facemask are required in all areas of field except for staging or rest areas.
* Special offers are given for group reservations
* Ages 10 and up (under 18 needs written permission)
* Groups of more than 25 may play privately, and may play on a weekday.
* Picasso Lake welcomes walk-ons every Saturday and Sunday.
* Picasso Lake is open for play rain or shine, All year round.
I run a Scenario Paintball Teams at WWW.MERCSONLINE.COM we play throughout the tristate areas and numurous large scenario events. and our exprience at this field was very positive from other paintball fields . what separated this field for me from others was that even though we were walk ons to this park we were treated as a whole reserved group. the refs at the fields were on top of their game but also the game play at the fields from other players played a big part of real fair play and scenario woods ball. rules are set between teams to make the best of gaming on the fields as possible. and limit the the wipe and cheaters that give this sport a bad name.these are the type of rules that should be enforced at other fields .if you have to wipe and cheat then your only cheating yourself of experience and true sportsmanship. so with this said visit this park and bring all the fair game play here Bill the owner runs a great park . hope to see you guys there and enjoy the park ! SAVAGETONE www.mercsonline.com
I must agree on most points on this review with the exception of maybe a few.
Bill does run a great field, he's always on top of things and making sure my group has fun. At the end of the day, it's what the players feel about the field that counts, because that'll determine if they return or not. Bill's done a great job at keeping us coming back.
On occasion some walk-ons don't mix too well with my group, mostly because some walk-ons think they are better and too egotistic. But for the fields themselves, you won't have any problems if you have your own group.
My experience is that game time usually runs from 10-3:30 for us, but we usually get in a good 8-10 games during that time. My only gripe about that is sometimes the refs don't push the games, but again, if you have your own group, that's not a problem.