Battlefront ... what a great field! I was responsible for organizing my groups outing to Battlefront.
1. Let me start by saying how prompt and helpful the guys there were with my questions about the field.
2. Refs were great, and willing to listen and act on any complaints.
3. Teams were balanced
4. They let my guys borrow pod belts instead of charging them to rent them.
5. One of my guys had marker problems, they not only gave them a loaner for free, they fixed his marker for him.
1. You will never experience another field this unique. If you look in their photo gallery you realize just how much work they invest in this field. Compare the photos from before they opened to the photos now and you will be amazed - and they did it all in a year!
2. The refs set up a new scenario for you to play every other round! This really helps keep things from getting boring and keeps you in a unique perspective.
3. The field is being updated every week. There are constantly new structures being added to enhance the game play. I can't belive how much work they put into it.
4. Owners are very receptive to feedback.
5. Good parking & easy to find the field.
6. Re-insertion style games make sure you gets lots of paintball in during the day.
7. They provide each player with lunch - included in your $15 field fee. All the dogs you can eat & chips.
8. Vending is really cheap - $1.00 for a gatorade, $0.50 for a coke.
9. Porta-john's (toilets) are clean & they provide hand sanitizer in each one.
1. 3 grades to choose from, all well priced. I used the mid grade & low grade paint and never had a single ball break all day.
WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE:
1. A goggle cleaning station - some paper towels and spray bottles.
2. A few games that are not re-insertion. I just can't afford that much paint. I know I could sit out on my own, but my team would be at a disadvantage then.
3. Unfortunately there were some immature players there the day we went. It was not bad at first, but got bad towards the end of the day.
- Some players were shooting hot (at least 1 was caught doing it intentionally and consequently left). I would like to see on field chronographing, and more than just in the A.M.
- Due to reinsertions players were "playing on" and claimed it was from before they re-inserted. The field needs to require that all old hits are wiped off clean or you should be counted as eliminated for not cleaning it off.
- More refs are not the issue, but a ref needs to be inside the Reichstag because it is way too easy for some of the immature players to wipe hits when they are inside there.
4. As the amount of cheating increased later in the day, the amount of bonus balling subsequently increased to counter the wipers. This is not a safe practice and is unfortunate.
I am giving the field a 10/10. My suggestions/complaints are only partially reflective of things the field can control. Immature players will always start cheating when they get tired of losing (vs. improving their game so they win more).
I have never been more impressed with a field staff & their desire to truely please the customer. It is all too common in the paintball industry for customer service to be next to nothing. It is extremely rare to see a group of owner/operators so dedicated to provide an outstanding customer expience. If you haven't yet, give Battlefront a try. We are going back just 4 weeks after our first trip - and it is 1 1/2 drive for my group.
Since posting this review I have been back to the field many times. They have taken many suggestions into consideration and really do try to please everyone. The game play has improved significantly and the safety has been improved.
In addition the field has almost doubled in size since I reviewed it and they have built dozens of new structures. It really is a great place to play. If you are in the region it is well worth a drive out and if you are within an hour and haven't tried it you are really missing out.
Last edited on Tuesday, February 20th, 2007 at 5:42 pm PST
Thanks for the great review and glad you enjoyed the day. Regarding the concerns you others have noted, we now have 4 hand-held chronos that the refs will be carrying at all times. We intend to spot check markers between games while the players are still on the field, and suspected hot markers during games. Mask cleaning stations will be set up at several locations in our staging area by this weekend, and refs will carry rags to clean off hits before players can re-insert. I'm not sure what to do about "wipers" because they are so hard to spot. I guess taking a very tough stand if we do catch one, like "let me have that arm band and I hope you had a nice day" might send the right message.
You are quite welcome! I can't say enough good things about the amount of effort you & your crew put towards the field. It is extremely rare in this or any industry to see such dedication towards the customer.
You will continue to have my team's business!
If you haven't yet, go try Battlefront! These guys are great!
Also... as players we understand that you can not control everything that happens on the field. If anyone had an answer for dealing with "wipers" I am sure you and thousands of other field operators that would rejoice along with all of us players.
We do appreciate all the effort that you and all refs put into making the game better. As I have stated several times, your group goes above & beyond. Thank you!
paint wiping is unfortunate. it makes me so angry when i have a great shot and it gets wiped and the player plays on. this was a great review though, very helpful. im planning on going to battlefront with a friend of mine for the November 18th game.
This post is a little old so I will try and bring it up to date. I have no affiliation with the original poster, just a regular at the field.
Their have been great expansions since this was written. Hotdogs and hips are not included anymore. Instead there is a Large Concession Structure. This place serves a variety of food drinks ice cream etc. They also have restrooms on premise Mens and Womes. Along with tables to sit at, heaters during winter and fans during the summer.
Veding prices have changed as they expanded greatly but they are still reasonable.
Goggle Cleaning Stations are present. So is a Pro Shop in a building the same size as concessions. There are multiple cashiers during checkin to speed the process along with more counterspace for air fill and paint purchases.
A Larger Parking lot was added by the buildings. This place is serious about paintball.