well if have read any other reviews u may have noticed that there is a large emphasis on cheating. This is partly true i have seen it on numeroues occasions and there are those players that are true to the sport and do not. But i don't care who u are it is physically impossible for a guy who weighs close to 250 if not more run 100+ yards in like 10 seconds. Dont give me crap on how the bases are not that far apart because they r. Now as for prices they are ridiculous. I do not see how u can charge that much for paint 65$ for marbs?? that is crazy. ut what really pi**es me off is how they charge a 15$ surcharge. I was like WTF! I can see 5# maybe even 7$ because it is a big field but 15$? that is crazy. Now as for Beezwax,sit it out it is such a load of Horse S**t its not funny. The players that do play fare are far outnumbered by the kids who don't and constantly cheat. And as for "pro" paintbal team,or paintball team in general, they aren't. All they are are a bunch of pu** a** kids who hate to lose at beezwax. All in all i give this place a 6/10 for ok service...i did have fun but that was more becuz i went wit my friends
Last edited on Thursday, June 29th, 2006 at 8:14 pm PST
Let me give a few facts here...
1) the Hornets are NOT a team - they are more of a club of field regulars. Although there is a tourny "squad" forming, the Hornets as a group do not play in tournaments.
2) There are more than 3000 Hornets, (thats counting everyone who has signed up over the last 15 years), with about 200 current regulars. With that many people, there are bound to be some jerks who just want to look cool at the expense of others. They are a minority. 95% of the Hornets are just regular rec players who have chosen the Jungle as their home field.
3) Hornets as a group do not cheat. There are some INDIVIDUAL Hornets who have decided to play that way. I am of the opinion that some (not all) of the cheating stories arise because Hornets all wear the same shirt , so are difficult to tell apart in the heat of a firefight. When one Hornet moves into a postion that was recently occupied by an eliminated team-mate, some walk ons are not aware that this is NOT the guy they were shooting at before, so they think that they are being cheated.
4) The Hornets usually (but not always) win the "Beezwax" game. This is NOT due to systematic cheating, but because unlike the walk-on team, Hornets are organized, communicate well, have a plan & follow it & have an established command structure to maintain on-field stratagy. The walk on team is just a large mob, easily rounded up & destroyed by a smaller, better organized force.
5) The Hornets can be easily beaten IF THE WALK ONS APPOINT A TEAM LEADER, GET ORGANIZED & FOLLOW ORDERS. Otherwise the Hornets will win all the time.
6) In 15 years, I have seen more cheating at the Jungle by walk ons (usually speedballers) than I have ever seen by the Hornets.
7) I am proud to be a Hornet, and I HAVE NEVER WIPED - EVER.
lol i dont care. This field is cool but the oy true problem is beezwax game and is played 1 time every day. So that is my only complaint. The cheaters like the hornets. And y have i never seen the hornets play a tourney? It says right on there dang shirt "paintball Team". So dont say they aren't a team becuz if they wernt a team they wouldnt put it on there dang shirts.