ok i just played here today for the first time. It Stunk! Let me list the reasons why.
1.) I paid 15 dollars to play and I'm fully equipted. My friends paid the same and they had to rent equiptment yet they paid the same, AND they got 200 paintballs. I got none!
2.) I had to pay another $5 dollars for all day air
3.) i'm ok with the rule of using the fields paint only, but try to have a selection! don't offer only one kind of paint that costs $65.00 for a case.
4.) today our party was with about 15+ people there also was a party of about 10 kids and a party of 8 guys and then some stragglers. so total almost 35 people give or take. instead of evening the games up we had to sit and wait turns, which wasn't bad except when 2 dads and thier 4 kids straggled in and got to play on the big field 3 times in a row while everyone else waited! 6 amatuers on the big field?
there was only 3 staff on today. 2 refs one per field and one guy in the shop. which makes me glad i brought my extra 9 oz. tanks since the guy in the shop helped a blonde woman for over an hour while everyone else waiting to buy paint or fill air had to sit there and not play.
in closing for the money i paid today the small field was tiny and by the way...the bunkers...yeah non of them are stationary so don't slide into one cause you'll just push it ahead of you and be exposed. for the money i apid and the service i recieved.. I will NEVER go here again nor will I recommend this palce to anyone till they fix these real obvious and real bad problems they have going on.
don't book this many people and be under staffed, I know the owner made a ton of money today and there is no reason he/she couldn't afford to bring on another worker to help today unless the owner is a cheap SOB.
1. The part about your friends renting and getting paintballs is exactly that, they rented giving them more benefits (check out their website).
2. Well duh most every place I've been charges money for all day air, its not new and not a surprise.
3. I agree the selection is a little bit bad with paint but see since xball lost 2 paint suppliers, origin and xball, they haven't had very much of a selection.
4. You can't expect you to play whenever you want. You need to wait your turn and they only do 3 in a row if the people don't play to much.
Before you rag on a decent field play on it a few more times and then you can complain because by then you will know what to expect from this paintball place.
Last edited on Wednesday, February 7th, 2007 at 6:41 pm PST
well Kid i appreciate you'r response but now let me rebuttle.
1. i see you'r point they rented giving the field owner more money therefore getting paint what you negleted to realize is that me being self equipted i paid the same amount of money as them! why should i pay the same money to play as someone who has to rent equiptment? i might as well leave my gun at home and use thiers and get paint out of it too.
2. i don't know what places you play but the 2 fields in upton, the one in maynard and the one in uxbridge,"All day air" is included in the cost and they are alot cheaper than this place.
3. fair enough can't do much about that or can they, how about ordering more paint through other suppliers? Oh i guess they can do something about that then.
4. actually yes i can, all the other places i have played they do not cater to 2 dads and thier 4 kids while groups of 10 or better wait to use the "Big" field. most fields require 10 or more people for a private party and even then like friendly fire, they have a smaller sectioned off field behinf the crono for private parties they dont close down the large field for 6 people. so KID as much as like to agree with you, oh wait no,no i dont want to do that actually because you still havent proven a point to me good luck with that though.
one other thing i forgot...I'm not sure how old you are but i'm 30 with a 12 yr.old who also plays. So don't think i don't know it exspensive, cause believe me i do! and I do play alot. Now im not saying i expect it to be perfect every place i play at has thier issues the thing is with this place there sooo many of them that i will NEVER play here again i will save my money and place somewhere else for better service all i'm saying is that they were a little over priced and for what i paid i should have gotten better service i expect to get what i pay for. so untill the day comes that you start paying for 2 people to play instead of yourself maybe you ought to slow down in what you are telling people and maybe try to take some of your own advice and try other places and then you'll see the difference in service and prices
First of all why are talking to me as though I earn no respect and like I am just a retarded child who you think knows only a little about paintball. Your obviously older than me so treat me like a mature adult would. I didn't want to be offensive to you but I guess you want to treat me that way I see no reason why to treat you any different:
1. You should know this easily, your older than me right. Anyways if someone charges the same price for something completely different, in this case rentals vs own equipment then something is up. In fact you even answered that yourself. quote"they rented giving the field owner MORE MONEY"unquote. So if they want to make more money they should advertise a deal that isn't as good but tricks people like yourself into thinking that they should rent. (Nice one answering your own rebuttal point there by the way)
2. Its all day air, woopdi doo, and the prices, good for them. Have you ever thought about how if a business is lacking money they obviously need to do SOMETHING to make that money back up. So they raise the prices. Also I am pretty sure that the place you play at is probably outdoors, uses spools, and plastic bunkers. Well if that's the case then think about the costs providence paintball has to pay for the "better" equipment. Indoor facility they have to rent, air bunkers are cost thousands, you see my point?
3. Here's some more background information for you. Providence lost most of their paint suppliers the same week you went. If they need money, why charge the same price for different paints that have a chance of going old and bad? So in a way this could be a money saving technique (wow they like to save money just like you do!)
4. Providence indoor is actually "busy" and if the other fields have a place just for parties good for them, providence doesn't have unlimited space to put more fields for parties that occasionally happen.
You sir need to stop being so stubborn and actually think of other possible answers for your problems. I agree with some of your points and I understand that the prices are expensive for 2 people so maybe Providence isn't the place for you to play. But that won't stop me. Also in the future I ask you to please treat me with the same respect as you would like to be treated or you would like your son to be treated.
well I talk to you like a retard because you keep making yourself sound that way. Here's how please allow me to explain myself by cutting and pasting what you said........."Your obviously older than me so treat me like a mature adult would. I didn't want to be offensive to you but I guess you want to treat me that way I see no reason why to treat you any different:..." ok i dont know what backward ass town you come from where they sleep with thier sister and all. but the last time i checked children are suppose to show adults respect not adults talk to children with respect. secondly if P.P.B. is soooo great and worth defending so bad then why do they have so many bad reviews you tool. read the other reviews and you'll see i'm not the only complaining about the same things so get off my back because the majority wins and the majority says Providence Paintball Sux and that thier are other places closer and better so go there.
i try to go their every wednesday and i mean though their are some pacthes or carpet moved so you can see concret and evan though it may be dark and slippery its fun, the staff is very friendly most of witch play on the factory team. Its 32 dollorts to rent and you get all day air and 200 paintballs, The 15 dollors you said sounds like a steal. And please dont say youll never go their again you dont no howmany ppl will read this and take your advice literaly. And for a full grown man suck it up, if you want to spend a longer ride to go play more "clean": paintball then by all means do dont flame
Last time I knew socom I also thought I heard some where that adults aren't supposed to behave like 2 year olds. They also don't swear at kids who are younger than them or tell other people that they sleep with their sisters.
Edit: I just went there (Febrauary 9, 2007) and guess what! They don't charge you for air, they just fill it for FREE. So your paying $20 and u get free air. Also the rentals, if your gun isn't working and they can't fix it (yes they help you FOR FREE) they will let u use the tippmanns for Free. The case of paint is exspensive but if you slipt the cost with another for 1000 each one person gets in for $15 and the other doesn't have to pay as much for the paint.
Last edited on Saturday, February 10th, 2007 at 5:23 am PST
A couple of questions: Do you ever hit or abuse your wife and child? It sounds like you have before and then got a restraining order against you cause you behave like you were in third grade. Another thing is this what you do all day and night: write crappy reviews, be abusive and retarded, talk s*** to younger kids? You have 4 reviews and 0 posts. You have been here for over a year and you do nothing but check your reviews. Are you like some fat person who sits on the computer and has nothing else to do but try to convince other people that you know anything about paintball?
fair enough i will answer your questions. 1 No i have never nor will i ever abuse my wife or child. 2 I have never had a restraining order put against me. 3 no i do many many more things other than sit here and write reviews. 4. no im not some fat person, 5'10",190lbs. 5. I dont sit on here and try to convince people, i get on here when i play at a place and i review it. that is what this site is for after all. I call it like i see it, and if a place is crap, well then i call it crap! and finally 6. i do NOT get on here to "talk SH** to children, however i have talked crap to you because for some reason you,and i quote you, I owe you respect. Listen kid, I been to almost half the states in this country, i have traveled half way across the globe and visited more countries then you have lived years. I served my country, made a life for myself. I do not owe any child respect. so look back at the first review comment you gave me and you'll see that was in fact you who started the insults and crap talking, i just plan to finish it. no apology needed, i understand it's hard to have respect for elders when youre a spoiled little boy that mommy and daddy give everything to.
Fine whatever, I will stop this once and for all. I do not agree with the things you say and this chat could go on forever between me and you. So I will just keep my opinions to myself even though I don't want to, its the only way it is going to end.