paintball

  Join pbreview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

  
Home     |      Paintball Articles     |      Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
pbReview.com / Comments on SilkHN's Review / Comments on SilkHN's Review / Comments on SilkHN's Review / Comments on SilkHN's Review / Comments on SilkHN's Review

Comments on SilkHN's Review

Jump to the Comments  |  Post a Comment  |  Dispute this Review  |  Return to the Reviews

SilkHN Tuesday, March 13th, 2007
Period of
Field Use:
1 year
Last There: March 8th, 2007
Paintball
Experience:
4 years
Other Fields
in the Area:
I haven't played at other fields, however I have played at tactical paintball, and some fields in Austin, TX
Review: SAFETY: This field is safe, safer than others that i've been too, their fps is set at a lower average of 260 for beginners and young players. They also have a mandatory safety orientation for all new players; this video basically tells you to no remove your mask during play.

FIELDS: most of the fields are lightly dense woods, fields in my opinion are too small. However when large groups show up, they extend the boundaries to two fields. Bunkers are small, lightly modified sheets of wood, there is a small Volkswagen beetle in the middle of one of the field (Please note that is is not functional). More detailed pictures of the field are on the field website.

FIELD HOURS: The field is open during most days, however always call as they have occasionally have private games in which some fields may be marked off.

PRICES: Sometimes the most important (second to safety). This field has high prices, A case (2000 rounds) sets you back about $100 for non-members (More on membership later). however going in a group of four, will set each individual back about $25 dollars. Rentals cost $22 and having your own gear costs $11. You should note that rentals include unlimited air fills, and consist of a tippmann pro, as well as a safety mask. Armor and camouflage is also available for rental.

RULES: Rules are gone over during orientation and include basic safety measures.

SERVICES/PROSHOP: Various products are available for purchase such as grenades, masks, and basic hoppers. (What you would find at Academy or Wal-Mart except in some situations a bit higher in price).

STAFF: The sales staff is great, friendly, and the manager is great, being somewhat flexible to make his customers happy.

REFS: The refs are ok, they are usually young paintball players (16-18) who have signed up for part time jobs. They will explain the rules extremely fast, assuming you know where the boundaries are, they are very impatient as far as waiting for the game to end (they will end games that are taking too long). And they take forever to start the games, in other words, if everyone is ready to play, but the refs decide to wait another ten minutes, then there's no pushing them to hurry up.

PLAYERS: I would say about 80% of the players are playing for their first, if not second time. They usually have rentals and have very limited experience. The other 20% of the players are experienced players accompanied with their own guns, (mostly tippmans and spyders) With my experience, i've never had a problem with other players. On some occasions, sponsored players will show up to the field, having a tremendous amount of firepower (at least 20bps). Although they have great sportsmanship, some beginner players would prefer to avoid them.

FACILITIES: This field has two small bathroom facilities.

FOOD: This field has limited food, the've got unlimited water, and have Gatorade/soft drinks for sale.

Overall this field is ok to play at, depending on your style of play. I'd rate it a 6 of 10 (5 being average)
 

Review Comments

No Comments


Post a Comment
Please log in to your account to post a comment.

Not a member yet? Sign up now for free!

Return to the Reviews

Help / FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertising Info  |  Link to Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Top

Paintball Review

Copyright © 2000-2014 Hillclimb Media