The accuracy of this review is disputed. Please see discussion below.
Period of Field Use:
More than 5 years
July 14th, 2007
More than 5 years
Other Fields in the Area:
Bragg Creek (recent)
Millarville (over 7 years ago)
Directions to the Field:
Yikes!!! Use their directions, and... keep going, going, going....
Well, they win nicely for SIZE. Big fields, some nice setups...
Frankly, I've played this field several times over the last 10 years or so... and am disappointed...
1) Getting there: hey, how about some SIGNS?!?!? Yes, if you are following their directions, you'll get there... but you won't even know you are in the right path, untill you pull into their drive. Again, how about some SIGNS?!?!? Perhaps something every big intersection, or few KMs (how much will the farmer charge to post a sign??)
2) Parking???? Yes, my people carpool, but a place of this size needs PARKING, enough for the amount of players playing. Set up some proper, assigned stalls.
3) CROWDED! A tiny single room hosting coverall room/singup room/ "pro shop"... Hey, here's an idea!! Rent one of those shipping canisters you get from rail/shipyards if you don't want to Build!! Jam the coveralls into there, and redesign the signup/proshop area to better handle big crowds. HEY, now this place can actually work!
4) SIGNS AGAIN?? Few of the fields are posted, and when you ask where the field you are supposed to go to is, expect a grunt and a gesture (yep, a pointing gesture). If they made a Sign Post with all the field names posted on arrows, be a good start.... follow it up by signs AT the fiels, so you know you are there. (if they had peoples/refs guilding you, ok to skip this... but labor is $$$, so how about the signage??). Perhaps even signs pointing towards the different bunkers.... too much? Ok, at LEAST some boundary ropes or fencing (HA!). Played one field, people from next field kept spilling into our field... or did we spill into theirs, how can you tell??
5) Prices: Ok, they want to make some money, they ARE a buisiness, not a charity, but... Hey, and why signs everywhere (too many signs? lol) saying NO OUTSIDE PAINT, but if you ASK, they allow (at a price of course!)... Gun owners want a place to play, and you do NOT want to ailenate the only REPEAT Customers you will get. Just POST THE PRICE for Gun Owners to use their own paint (or offer reasonable prices on reasonable paint??!??!)...
Perhaps I'm TOO critical, but ... nothing has changed for YEARS!! Truthfully, I think, as a Buisiness, perhaps it is time to bring in a new Manager, and set up some Stuffff!