Pev's, Hogback, OA - Warplay is definitely the top in the area
I went to Warplay this past weekend with the yespaintball.com guys (and gals). It was a serious no non-sense scenario field with great field design and friendly staff!
I think most of the users covered the pros and cons, afterall, the forum guys decided to go after reading the reviews here! I will try not to restate what has already been said about this great field, here are some additions to the list:
1) GOOD and CHEAP food!!! Most expensive on the menu = steak & cheese + fries + drink ($5.50), cheapest = 2 hot dogs + fries + drink ($4)
2) Random mortar blasts, the guys didn't go cheap on grenade and paintballs!!!
3) Staffs reminding us to be quick between games, and reminding us that we are paying for the time we are not paying, which is great, lol.
4) Hooked the ladies up with free chest protectors, camera man / woman with neon vest... etc.
5) Basically a very well designed field with frendly and down to earth staffs.
1) Only had ONE porter john. It wasn't an issue since we only had about 30some people... maybe that's why there was only one.
2) There were 5 picnic tables total, it'd be nice if there are one or two more... also if it rains, there is no overhead except in front of the pro-shop. (maybe they have something that they can set up in the proshop? might want to check before going if it is raining)
I am probably nit-picking in terms of the cons. Overall I really enjoyed the field! Even though I am about 80 miles out, I am definitely up for going back every other month or once a month.
The owner mentioned some big plans in upgrading the field for this coming summer, it is definitely something to look forward to!
The group I went with took quite a few pictures and also composed a 20some minutes video of the field, I am not allowed to post the link here but if you search for it on our forum you can check out the place. Maybe we will see each other at Warplay sometimes in the future!!