ZJ Paintball, Atlas, MUPS, MSG, All Star, Hustlers, EJAM, Top Gun, OTP.. etc...
Since I believe in honest and fair reviews here is my experience at "ABC Paintball"
( + ) Drive = 22.01 miles from home.
( + ) Location = Off main route, no need to hit the backroads.
( + ) Selection in the shop (A lot of products even hard to find lenses)
Now that the 's are out of the way let's move on to the 's
( - ) Staff...
1) Walk into the shop, first time at the field or shop and I am greeted by an argument between an owner and her son on the shop floor in front of customers. I see this as very unproffessional and very unpleasent to a new comer to the field.
2) I am finally acknowleged by a gentleman working behind the counter by eye contact only. I fill out my waiver to play, and have to go get my tank out of the car to get it checked for the all day air. No problem I am glad they actually check. The gentleman behind the counter has trouble figuring out how to charge two people separately and confuses everyone as to who's costs what. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but a nuisance none the less. Again there is still an argument in the background and the other field "owner/manager" complaining about his own staffing in front of his customers.
( - )The Field
1) First look at the field, the bunkers are filthy and half of the field is low air or deflated and cannot be played. There are rocks all over the field some very large ones that are un covered and could be a problem if someone was catching a lane and diving. Although lanes are not an issue here as there aren't any. The staff clearly lacks knowledge of speed ball and has no idea how to properly mirror a field or have a layout that makes any sense at all. It looks like there was very little to no preparation with the field layout.
2) Game time rolls around and we are asked to step aside for other players on the speedball field that do not want to play with us. Not a huge deal however, they are on the speedball field and paid no more or less then I did to play. If they cannot play speedball, or take losing. My opinion is, they should not be on the field period.
3) The staging area was ok, several tables to choose from however allowed a single party to take up all of the seatable tables when they could have condensed them to make room for all to stage. Another example of poor management, and execution/validation.
( + ) Ref's.
1) The ref's did a decent job on the field, they were involved and quick to do their job.
( - ) Overall Experience
I don't think I would return to this field under the current circumstances. A first impression is a business' only chance to gain return patronage, and the lack of execution and overall presence of organization and reflected caring has definitely impacted my decision.